Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

"I'm out of my prime."

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM
  • 16 Replies

My SO knows that I love sex. I can have sex everyday and for a while, my SO and I did. 

He knew since before we got together that I love sex and he knew how much I loved to have sex. 

Last night he told me that he is out of his prime and I'm going into my prime. 

He's 32 and I'm 31. 

I have mixed feelings about this and I'm confused. 

This bothers me. I feel like he's taking advantage because there are guys out there who would appreciate having a girlfriend who would have sex with them daily. 

I kind of feel rejected. 

And what does that mean when he's talking about our primes? I don't even know what that word means sexually. Mathematically, I do. 

He's only 32, I think that he might be to young for this. 

Is this even possible? I'd like to know if are facts to back up what he is saying or if he is just mistaking about this. 

Do you know if there are websites about what he is saying?

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance. 

=)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaScho88
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Men are in their sexual prime in their 20's...women are at their sexual peak in their 30's...it's normal...just look up men and womens sexual peak and their should be some sites that will be able to explan it better than I can lol

furbabymum
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this

I get the whole loving sex thing. I could do it daily too. Still seems like you're putting a bit too much thought into it. Why is that? How often are you having sex? He's probably tired. lol Go for quality over quantity. Though if he's having problems getting it up he should go in for a physical. That could help.

vinalex0581
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM

are there solutions to this problem?

I mean, like what can I do to try to get him in the mood more often so I can have sex more often than I do now?

Quoting MamaScho88:

Men are in their sexual prime in their 20's...women are at their sexual peak in their 30's...it's normal...just look up men and womens sexual peak and their should be some sites that will be able to explan it better than I can lol

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM

This. He's right.

Quoting MamaScho88:

vinalex0581
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

we've been together over a year, unless i had my period, up until about 2 months ago, we would have sex everyday or every 2 or 3 days. 

i'm putting thought into this because i see it as a problem. 

don't get me wrong, i love the cuddling we do when we aren't having sex but i also don't want the sexual relationship part of us to dissolve either. 

i feel it's important to have sex to try to connect on a different level not just a physical thing. 

i understand that he is also stressed because he's the breadwinner and we are struggling, alittle, financially. 

but when we do have sex, he's all into it. so i know that he has what it takes to perform and that's why he doesn't need a physical. 

but he says that he's getting old and he is "just out of my prime."

it scares me. i don't want that part of our relationship to dissolve. 

Quoting furbabymum:

I get the whole loving sex thing. I could do it daily too. Still seems like you're putting a bit too much thought into it. Why is that? How often are you having sex? He's probably tired. lol Go for quality over quantity. Though if he's having problems getting it up he should go in for a physical. That could help.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

MamaScho88
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM

It's not really a problem, it's just how the human body works, having to do with reproduction mostly...also it is normal to not want to have sex daily after a few years in the relationship...you will find a common ground.

Quoting vinalex0581:

are there solutions to this problem?

I mean, like what can I do to try to get him in the mood more often so I can have sex more often than I do now?

Quoting MamaScho88:

kaffedrikke
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Haha I'd just wait a few months and when he wants sex just say "I can't sweety Im no longer in my prime and I don't want to break a hip" He was just being a dork.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Rather sounds like you are mistaking sex with intimacy. You can have deep intimacy without sex.

Plus, it was bound to slow down eventually. I've been married 9 years. Sometimes we have sex everyday for a long time and sometimes it's weeks in between. That's normal and not something to stress over. It's important to take the time to connect physically but not to the point where you think something is wrong because you've confused intimacy.

That's my 2 cents worth. PS. My DH is turning 31 this weekend so he's passing his prime too. lol

Quoting vinalex0581:

we've been together over a year, unless i had my period, up until about 2 months ago, we would have sex everyday or every 2 or 3 days. 

i'm putting thought into this because i see it as a problem. 

don't get me wrong, i love the cuddling we do when we aren't having sex but i also don't want the sexual relationship part of us to dissolve either. 

i feel it's important to have sex to try to connect on a different level not just a physical thing. 

i understand that he is also stressed because he's the breadwinner and we are struggling, alittle, financially. 

but when we do have sex, he's all into it. so i know that he has what it takes to perform and that's why he doesn't need a physical. 

but he says that he's getting old and he is "just out of my prime."

it scares me. i don't want that part of our relationship to dissolve. 

Quoting furbabymum:

RheaF
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't buy the whole "sexual prime" thing. DH will be 40 in April and I am 28, we both go through ups and downs. We are currently working on getting inshape, so our stamina is higher than it has been. Our "desire" is also higher.

Then we have days or weeks when we are busy and tired, thus our desire is lower. "Sexual prime" is more about your physical state and knowing what you want. That can come and go at any age.

rayroe2
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel like a sales person for this shit

Maca for men at gnc!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN