Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Wedding plans

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so I just got officially engaged on monday. He gave me the ring and proposed as a promise back in November but he asked to marry me and like actually plan it this monday. My first question is I want to if possible have the wedding on the day he gave me the ring as a promise. That would be Nov 21st. Is that too soon? Second I am comletely lost on what needs to be done and in what order. Thank you!!

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Go to Barnes and noble and get a planning guide book! I did and it has been a life saver. Not too soon as long as you get busy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Congrats! That isn't too soon at all, my dh proposed to me in June, and we got married in August. My sister helped me, but it was such a whirlwind between planning, kids (we each had one) and I was going to school, and working on moving in together, I don't really remember the order or what we did when! The idea of a planning guide is great, or have a good friend that you can trust to be there, or hire someone. Good luck!

coala
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I am partial to that date....it is my B-day!  Congrats and you can get married that soon, but you need to start now!!!!

Kaylahk
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Thats what I thought but like my mom is still very emotional and i guess freaked not wanting to even talk about it. I dont feel like I can start planning cause im afraid to drive her away. the 21st means something to us as a couple so i do really want that day but idk if its going to work now.

Quoting coala:

I am partial to that date....it is my B-day!  Congrats and you can get married that soon, but you need to start now!!!!

deadlights86
by Emily on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Its a brides best friend for sure!!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I would sign up for theknot.com

progressandjoy
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Go for it! I had a six month engagement. We got married on our second year anniversary.

You just want to start planning now, so the date doesn't get taken.

Outrageous
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM
You can plan it ... that's plenty of time! I planned a wedding for 100 people in 6 weeks! Do as some others said, use The Know ... send invites digital, using Punchbowl and you can link it to ur wedding page... think of brunch wedding instead of the hassles of a night wedding, there will be many more issues to stress you ...most if all, just have fun with it! I know that sounds crazy but ... bright side? Bridal stores have great on the rack dresses for amazing prices ... good luck.
CutieCrab
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM
First off congrats!! November is not to soon!! First decide where you'd like the venue and discuss your budget! Im getting married in 50 days!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN