Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

does it mean more to say.....

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband just told me it is more important and means more to say baby daddy than it means to say or have a husband. Do you ladies agree, why or why not?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Replies (71-77):
maria1613
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Also, when i hear the term "baby daddy" i think of the song My Baby Daddy by B Rock and the Bizz. YouTube it
Babygirl9609
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I agree with RheaF. Baby daddy sounds really trashy. Like he's just your baby daddy but nothing else....like you just accidently got pregnant and now he's paying child support and he never wanted to be a father. That's what I think....I rather call him my fiance or as I call my DF....Babyboy :) lol

Megzboys
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Baby daddy is so ghetto.  Baby daddy is like you got knocked up and he just happens to be the dad, that there is no real commitment to a marriage or relationship.    Is he your husband?   If so why would he think this way about your relationship with him?   I think the other is usually used for young people that do not think smart and use protection and so the BF is the baby daddy but he could easily cheat on the girl because he has no real love or permanent relationship with her to start a family.    That is my take.  

I love my boys

boy kissing mom                                        

staceyp6180
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Ok...here's where the whole baby daddy thing comes from.
We were watching the news and this woman was being interviewed and she started the convesation saying....I was standing here with my baby daddy.
So I said to my husband, "yea that's real classy and something I would brag about on tv, I got a baby daddy." (I was being sarcastic)
My husband said to me that it means a lot to say you have a baby daddy, it means more to say you have a baby daddy than it means to say your husband.
I said well I would much rather say husband, now drop it because its going to piss me off and cause an arguement.
We dropped it and haven't spoken about it since.
I appreciate everyones opinions and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way.
lynda0322
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Ummmmm NO

printerr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I can't stand the term "baby daddy." I agree with others that it is trashy and simply refers to someone who a woman simply has a kid with, as opposed to a real, committed relationship.  My husband and I had our child before we got married, but I NEVER called him my "baby daddy." The closest I ever got to that was "my baby's daddy." At least that is grammatically correct and an accurate statement.   And I didn't say that often, either....only when it was the most appropriate way to refer to my then-fiancĂ© in that particular conversation. 

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM
No, it sounds immature and childish in my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)