Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

help please!!! puking.

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:21 AM
  • 11 Replies
Two days ago i posted how my son was sick and throwing up all morning. Now I woke up at 1 am and I have thrown up twice. I heard hubby throwing up a couple times too. :( what can I take to soothe my stomach. For over an hour before I threw up each time my stomach got really bloated and I was having horrible stomach pain. Any suggestions? I took pepto but threw it up a couple hours later.

Update:
Now we have to go to an urgent care center to get my dh a note to not go to work. And we have no health insurance so it is anywhere from 130-170. Whoopee.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaScho88
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you pregnant? If you have a bug or the flu or something like that there's not really anything you cant take to stop you from throwing up, just have to wait for it to pass...my best advice is to keep yourself hydrated don'teat until you aren't throwing up anymore, and when you do eat make sure you keep it light and bland...saltines, dry cereal, toast, ginger ale, jello etc.

TxnMomma
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree about the ginger ale. But drink it at room temp if you can and sip sip sip. Last yr my dd was so sick, I spoon fed her water or ginger ale every 30 min and it helped with hydration so try to stay hydrated!! Hope u feel better soon!!
livelaughlov26
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Not pregnant. Just a bug. :( it is awful. My stomach is killing me.

Quoting MamaScho88:

Are you pregnant? If you have a bug or the flu or something like that there's not really anything you cant take to stop you from throwing up, just have to wait for it to pass...my best advice is to keep yourself hydrated don'teat until you aren't throwing up anymore, and when you do eat make sure you keep it light and bland...saltines, dry cereal, toast, ginger ale, jello etc.

livelaughlov26
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Thank you.

Quoting TxnMomma:

I agree about the ginger ale. But drink it at room temp if you can and sip sip sip. Last yr my dd was so sick, I spoon fed her water or ginger ale every 30 min and it helped with hydration so try to stay hydrated!! Hope u feel better soon!!

RheaF
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
We had a nasty bug run through our family. We were throwing up literally every 10-15 minutes. Warm flat ginger ale helps. Make sure you get regular Canada Dry( it is the only brand that uses real ginger). Mint also helps. Other than that just ride it out. Hope you feel better soon!
Aamy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Coke, ginger ale, crackers.
livelaughlov26
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Thank you. I sipped some ginger ale and ate a cracker and feel sick again. :( today won't be fun

Quoting RheaF:

We had a nasty bug run through our family. We were throwing up literally every 10-15 minutes. Warm flat ginger ale helps. Make sure you get regular Canada Dry( it is the only brand that uses real ginger). Mint also helps. Other than that just ride it out. Hope you feel better soon!

RheaF
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Don't eat anything until your vomit free for at least 2 hours. The food no matter how small will just upset your stomach. Also remember small sips.

Quoting livelaughlov26:

Thank you. I sipped some ginger ale and ate a cracker and feel sick again. :( today won't be fun

Quoting RheaF:

livelaughlov26
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Thank you. I probably ate too soon.

Quoting RheaF:

Don't eat anything until your vomit free for at least 2 hours. The food no matter how small will just upset your stomach. Also remember small sips.

Quoting livelaughlov26:

Quoting RheaF:

bec94
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep this. I just dealt with my oldest throwing up yesterday. I let her suck on an ice chip every 5 minutes. After 1 1/2 hours of keeping that down I let her eat a saltine cracker. Small bites and slowly. 15 minutes then another. I let her keep going with the ice chips, adding a sip of water here and there. She doesn't like the ginger ale. Hope you feel better soon! Dd is back to normal today.

Quoting RheaF:

Quoting livelaughlov26:

Quoting RheaF:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)