Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

A mothers' nightmare! (graphic)

Posted by   + Show Post
Monday,  March 4, 2013, was sappose to be a happy day. It was my 34th birthday. At 7:30am. I hugged and kissed my daughter as she walked out the door to walk to school. 22 minutes later someone was BEATING on the door. It was a sheriff.Sheriff: "Ma'am, do you have a 13 year old daughter?"Me: "I have a 14 year old daughter"Sheriff: "She's been hit by a car"I arrived at the scene (5 blocks from our house) to find my daughter laying on the pavement, her face covered in blood. I rushed to her side. I will never forget the question she asked me. "Mom, is this a bad dream?"As she was loaded into the waiting ambulance I kissed her goodbye not knowing if that would be the last time I got to.She was taken to meet the life flight helicopter that had been dispatched. We rushed to the hospital (normally a 3 hour drive away). After every test under the sun I was informed of her injuries.A broken femur, 3 breaks in her back, stitches to her face, multiple breaks in her pelvis and a severe laceration to her liver. But.... She was going to make it. She was stable.I got to bring my little girl home 6 days, 1 sugery, many bruises and a lot of road rash later. Though it is horrible and should have never happened, I am thankful that I got to keep her.It will be a very long hard road for her, but I am so thankful that it didn't end worse.Thank you for letting me share this with you. Please give your loved ones and extra hug and kiss and make sure they know you love them. You never know when a split second is going to change things in your life forever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Replies (491-500):
lostosbourne
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Thoughts and prayers with you and your daughter. I hope they caught the asshole who hit her. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

wedding tickers

Audi aka LostOsbourne

Dannat812
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM
This is why I always tell my children I love them anytime we're going separate ways. You never know what's going to happen.
Dannat812
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Wishing her a speedy recovery!
c_ramirez8606
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I'm so sorry this happened to your daughter. I hope for the best for your family.

irishgal63
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I  hope  that  she  has  a  FULL, SPEEDY  recovery  !  Was  the  driver  that  hit  her,  ticketed  ?

ahleesha14
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM

wow that is horriable. I could not imagine what I would feel like if that happened to me. That makes sense you never know what will happen to you from one day to the next.

Chocolatediva81
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM

My GOD mama I'm so sorry for all the pain.hugs

bookworm14
by Mandy on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I am so sorry to hear this, but thankful she will make it through.

bgkw
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Soooo true.  You never know.  I dropped my 9 yr old daughter off at a classmates birthday pool party in July 2005 and hugged and kissed her good bye and told her to have fun.  Last time I would see her alive.  When I went to pick her up police were everywhere and she had been taken to ER.  She had been electrocuted by faulty wiring around the pool.  Be sure you love them and appreciate them every minute you can.

Meghan6391
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I have had so many fears of my babies leaving my side. I am constantly loving on my babies and now I get scared of them going to sleep. a little girl in the town we use to live in passed away the other night as she was sleeping. she was 7 years old and had a seizure in her sleep. these things scare me. I am so thankful your baby girl is with you now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN