Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trust

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
How do u trust him again. Any advice when he has cheated on u
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM
It takes time, work on his part to reestablish the bond. But you have to accept that there's no such thing as a guarantee he won't do it again. And if that's what you're waiting for you'll be unhappy for awhile. Accept that being with him will take a leap and there's a chance you'll be hurt again. If he's not worth that risk then consider ending the relationship because you won't really heal until you accept that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM

No advice, because dh has never cheated on me, and I would leave him if he did. 

connie45
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM

He has to earn it over time..a lot of time.  And be willing to do things that help you feel secure.  Basically - he needs to be transparent in his actions and words.  How long ....Until.  Until you feel to take another trusting step.  Until you feel whole and on steady ground.  Until could be a very long time off.  Or never.

createive
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I have been chaeted on.

Like the rest of the ladies say here, it takes time. I also beleive trust is earned.

You can do it. You might want to consider therapy. Couples and or individual.

Goodluck.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I personally don't think a betrayal like that can be gotten over without outside help (counseling). You also need to let him know that even after you forgive him (if it ever happens) you're still going to need time to heal. If there's any way he can help the process, let him know. If not, let him know that too. But yes, definitely counseling. Good luck.

AleaKat
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
For us I think I'd try to understand what made him stray and then try to mend our relationship.
But that's us. I know my husband and I know if he were to do that it would mean something was seriously wrong with our relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM

He had to earn it baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)