Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
I think I like this- but I'm not sure if its a bit to non traditional. What do y'all think?!

Why Marriage? by Mari Nichols

Because to the depths of me, I long to love one person,
With all my heart, my soul, my mind, my body...

Because I need a forever friend to trust with the intimacies of me,
Who won't hold them against me,
Who loves me when I'm unlikable,
Who sees the small child in me, and
Who looks for the divine potential of me...

Because I need to cuddle in the warmth of the night
With someone who thanks God for me,
With someone I feel blessed to hold...

Because marriage means opportunity
To grow in love in friendship...

Because marriage is a discipline
To be added to a list of achievements...

Because marriages do not fail, people fail
When they enter into marriage
Expecting another to make them whole...

Because, knowing this,
I promise myself to take full responsibility
For my spiritual, mental and physical wholeness
I create me,
I take half of the responsibility for my marriage
Together we create our marriage...

Because with this understanding
The possibilities are limitless.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Replies (21-29):
JessM3
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

you'll be fine! i just feel like the 1st one hits home alot better it reminds me of why i am getting married and what marriage is about. i actually just wrote it into a letter that i will be giving to my fiance ...just because... it really speaks to the heart! i guess i should be thanking you, for posting this! thanks!!! :) 

Quoting dawnnamarie:

This is so tough!! =/ I didn't realize there was so much to do to plan a freaking wedding!

Quoting JessM3:

i love the first one! but they are both good! two is too much...

^_^ GOD IS LOVE ^_^
dawnnamarie
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Awe!! That's cute! What's the letter for?

I miss writing letters (well, it was all email) when df was in Afghanistan! There was something so romantic about writing down feelings instead of just telling the person.

Quoting JessM3:

you'll be fine! i just feel like the 1st one hits home alot better it reminds me of why i am getting married and what marriage is about. i actually just wrote it into a letter that i will be giving to my fiance ...just because... it really speaks to the heart! i guess i should be thanking you, for posting this! thanks!!! :) 

Quoting dawnnamarie:

This is so tough!! =/ I didn't realize there was so much to do to plan a freaking wedding!

Quoting JessM3:

JessM3
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM

its somthing corny i do from time to time... its either a letter or a card... with positive things and prayers... just to let him know he's on my mind.

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Awe!! That's cute! What's the letter for?

I miss writing letters (well, it was all email) when df was in Afghanistan! There was something so romantic about writing down feelings instead of just telling the person.

Quoting JessM3:

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Quoting JessM3:

^_^ GOD IS LOVE ^_^
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I like the apache one
CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I love love love the first one! You aren't using these as vows? If not when is the reading gonna take place? Whose gonna read it?

My vows are; You have loved me in my good, my bad, my crazy, and my irritable moments. I will always cherish you and what we have. You are an absolute wonderful person. I am glad you chose me to be your wife. I love you, and I always will.

NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I did the reading for my sisters wedding and i picked it since it was my message to them. I used a quote from the book captain Correlies mandolin. It was about 2 trees who's roots became intertwined so that though the world saw 2 trees they had become one.
chillemi78
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I like them both. How traditional is your ceremony? If its a longer one with a pastor, 2 readings aren't too much. But if its a shorter ceremony, you might want to stick to one. If I had to pick, I'd go with the first one. Unless either if you has Apache in your blood, in which case it would be more meaningful. You could always do just a couple verses of the first one too if you want to fit both in.
xoxRachelxox
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I like the first one. 

dawnnamarie
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM
It's not extremely traditional. We're having it at a Nazarene church. But it's not where we normally attend. The pastor is a close friend of my family. We have pictures of his parents holding me when I was a baby!! Lol

Quoting chillemi78:

I like them both. How traditional is your ceremony? If its a longer one with a pastor, 2 readings aren't too much. But if its a shorter ceremony, you might want to stick to one. If I had to pick, I'd go with the first one. Unless either if you has Apache in your blood, in which case it would be more meaningful. You could always do just a couple verses of the first one too if you want to fit both in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)