Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How do you handle fighting/arguing with your spouse when the kids are around?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM
  • 58 Replies
Need advice on how to handle fighting or arguing with my husband when the kids are around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Take it to another room? Idk, Dh and I usually just hang up til we both have calmed down. We very rarely argue when he is home, never raised voices, so I've never had to worry about what the kids might think.
JessM3
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

in my case, i dont argue infront of kids! its not good at all! just try to leave the room when that negative energy hits or what ever the senario may be...try to work it out in private...

Zazayam
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I don't argue in front of the kids. If it's not something that can wait then we at least take it to another room and handle it quietly. We don't really FIGHT fight though...

MamaScho88
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM
4 moms liked this

We bicker and have normal small arguements around the kids, they dont really pay attention, but yes they do hear us bicker and they do see us apologize to one another...I think it's healthy for them to see that parents don't always agree all of the time. We also display how much we love eachother in front of the kids too. I think it important for them to see how a healthy relationship works. But if we are ever yelling at eachother and just having a bad fight we don't do it in front of the kids...they get sent to the playroom or we go into our bedroom...we very rarely get loud with eachother though.

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM
This. We rarely fight though.

Quoting MamaScho88:

We bicker and have normal small arguements around the kids, they dont really pay attention, but yes they do hear us bicker and they do see us apologize to one another...I think it's healthy for them to see that parents don't always agree all of the time. We also display how much we love eachother in front of the kids too. I think it important for them to see how a healthy relationship works. But if we are ever yelling at eachother and just having a bad fight we don't do it in front of the kids...they get sent to the playroom or we go into our bedroom...we very rarely get loud with eachother though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM

We just try to have our discussion in a room away from the kids.  But we don't fight crazy.  There not really yelling or intense anger going on.  We can be really upset and still speak in a normal voice, so it's not hard to keep it from the kids.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM
We rarely fight. We don't fight in front of our children. We may have small little disagreements in front of them and then we look at each other and laugh and we're over it. We will take it to another room or desperate ourselves until we cool off. We don't tell and scream at each other either and call eachother bad names. We do curse during an argument sometimes.
ecerka
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM
We usually wait to talk about certain things until She's in bed. If it's only normal bickering where neither is going to get super pissed we deal with it in a different room. One of the nice things about us having our daughter after being married 19 years is that we don't have the big yelling, cussing, crazy fights anymore.
xoxRachelxox
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM

This exactly!

Quoting MamaScho88:

2lilmamas
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Quoting JessM3:

in my case, i dont argue infront of kids! its not good at all! just try to leave the room when that negative energy hits or what ever the senario may be...try to work it out in private...

Exactly
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)