Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
Do they make or break you? How do you cope? Is it all roses?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (11-12):
blessedmother28
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Kellynips.......exactly my situation....five yr old booty shaking, singing bad songs, gossips...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsfitz05
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Bertieb:

It will be different for everyone. Depends on the ages you come together, involvement of birth mom and your relationship with all of them.  MY skids are teens and above and the last one leaves for college in the fall. We have a good relationship I think.,  I'm dad's wife and a friendly ear, like an aunt.

Don't be surprised if that grows as they get older. I'm very close to my mom and my stepmom would never take her place, but my stepmother is very special to me. She married my dad when I was 13. It took me a year or so to adjust but she is a great friend and a parental figure to me too. She's also a fantastic grandmother to my kids as well. Lucky for me my biological parents and stepparents are all able to be mature and put what is best for me and the grandkids first and there is no jealousy or competition between them.

Bethany

'Never be ashamed of the indignities to which love may someday reduce you. Worry instead that you may never love so deeply as to risk the ridicule of your countrymen" Roger Elwood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)