Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Setting a trap for the husband

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

I should preface this by saying that I know very few of my husbands friends and I think that makes me feel insecure about him going out at night.  On the occassion that we actually go on a date night it is typically just the two of us, but my husband goes out weekly with  "people from work."  I typically don't say anything because 1. he works so hard part of me feels like he deserves to go out, 2.  I know he gets overwhelmed being at home with a roudy 3 year old.  On the occassion that I ask him where he is going or who is going out with him he shoots me some pithy remark about me being to controling or he'll say something like, "what are you gonna tell me I can't go out." And then he never ends up answering the question because he's now placed put some sort of twisted blame on me.  He also had a reputation as having a way with the lady's before we dated and married, and he still talks about previous girlfriends and how often someone hits on him.  (we've been together nearly 4years) 

There are many other things that I take issue with in our relationship but the point of my post is, has anyone ever tried to set a trap for their husband to see if they bite?  Gone fishing for information?  I was thinking of having someone hit on him intentionally when he is out and see where he takes it or at the very least hire a P.I. to see if he actually goes where he says he goes.  This may sound foolish, I know.  And I likely should just trust my gut rather than go through all this nonsense to find out something I may already know.  But I want to know what he is doing when he "goes out."  He may not be cheating on me in the physical sense but there are other ways to disrespect your wife, your family and that's what I need to know.  

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I never have and never would, I have too much respect for both my husband and myself, if I have a problem, I confront him. We both deserve that much. 

whitleypittman
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I have his BFFs number so that if I can't get a hold of DH bad he's with BFF, I can text him and confirm he's where he says he is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I havnt but all I could see when reading was you calling the show Cheaters to follow him.
What happens if the bites the bait....so to speak?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
november0229
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Call cheaters they will help n it's free of charge lol
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Never. I think this is something you need to talk to him about before you go and do that. Has he been known to cheat in the past?
EvaSerenity
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:00 PM
3 moms liked this
I saw like 50 red flags before I even made it past the first paragraph. I'd sure as hell be finding out what he's really doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

If you set a trap..

Be prepared to deal with the possible outcome..

Will you definitely leave him if you find out he's cheating?  If not... don't search..

Nothing is worse than a husband who knows he can do as he pleases without consequence.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Heatherw1969
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM

it's a scary thought. sorry mama. this is a hard one

Zazayam
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM

No I never have and never would. Have you tried talking to him about it? Like serious conversation not mentioning something as he's getting ready to go out...

viv212
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Mm hmm I'm thinking the same thing.
Op- you're baiting but what exactly will you do with the info?
My suggestion- call Ryan's Roses.

Quoting KristenFowles:

If you set a trap..

Be prepared to deal with the possible outcome..

Will you definitely leave him if you find out he's cheating?  If not... don't search..

Nothing is worse than a husband who knows he can do as he pleases without consequence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN