Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Were all your siblings in your wedding?

Posted by   + Show Post
What about DH siblings?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
countrymomma81
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I only have one that I am close to and yes, she was. As for my husband, his sister was and his brother was not. He was supposed to be in it but he changed his mind once he realized we chose not to get married in church. He said God wouldn't have approved of him being in a wedding that wasn't in God's house. Ok........

But I guess God didn't mind him coming to the wedding, starting trouble and getting drunk though:/

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Do you have a relationship now with his family?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

My brother and my sister were, my husband's sister wasn't allowed at the wedding his parents didn't come either. My husband's best friend was the best man (he's like a brother to my husband)

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Geez... That's strange!

Quoting countrymomma81:

I only have one that I am close to and yes, she was. As for my husband, his sister was and his brother was not. He was supposed to be in it but he changed his mind once he realized we chose not to get married in church. He said God wouldn't have approved of him being in a wedding that wasn't in God's house. Ok........

But I guess God didn't mind him coming to the wedding, starting trouble and getting drunk though:/

wulfeyes05
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Yeah, but the fact that his parents didn't come and didn't allow his siter to come still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Do you have a relationship now with his family?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

My brother and my sister were, my husband's sister wasn't allowed at the wedding his parents didn't come either. My husband's best friend was the best man (he's like a brother to my husband)

KarenMarie35
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM
My sister was my maid of honor, my brother was a guest, my now ex's brother was his best man... My BIL is more part of the family than my ex...
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Sorry for your loss. My brother passed away a couple years before my wedding. :( I had a charm on my bouquet with his name, so it was like he was with me :)

Quoting aarensmommy:

my younger brother gave me away. older brother passed away the year before we married.

DH one sister was a bridesmaid and cuz we couldn't let the other one out, she handed out the bulletins.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes and yes. My sister was my moh and my brother was a groomsman. His sister was a bridesmaid.
elliotmommytobe
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM
None of them were "in" it cause we got married at the court house but they were all their but none of my dhs siblings came and neither did his dad
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

No,we didn't have a wedding party.A friend of ours was the officiant though.One of my sisters handled the music for us.I didn't think my brother would make it since it was right before he was deploying and they weren't allowed any leave time but he pulled it off and showed up just in time!

aimesnyc
by Amy on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Let's see...my sister was Co-Matron of Honor (one of my SIL's was the other Co-Matron of Honor - I only had the two of them up there with me), and my hubby's brother was ordained online and married us.  His wife did the music for the ceremony. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)