Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Were all your siblings in your wedding?

Posted by   + Show Post
What about DH siblings?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Replies (31-40):
bowribbonmama
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM
My brother, yes (only sibling).
His sisters, NO!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Yea, that's messed up. I would be hurt also. My father didn't come to my wedding, long story but it was something he did and he chose not to come. Thankfully I'm really close to my stepdad ( who raised me my whole life) and he walked me down. Honestly, he deserved it more then my father.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Yeah, but the fact that his parents didn't come and didn't allow his siter to come still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Do you have a relationship now with his family?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

My brother and my sister were, my husband's sister wasn't allowed at the wedding his parents didn't come either. My husband's best friend was the best man (he's like a brother to my husband)

countrymomma81
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Well, so is he...lol. He pulled the same crap a few years later for his sister's wedding. We've come to the conclusion that he just didn't want to pay for a tux...lol. 

We aren't sure but that's what we joke about within our little group. 

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Geez... That's strange!

Quoting countrymomma81:

I only have one that I am close to and yes, she was. As for my husband, his sister was and his brother was not. He was supposed to be in it but he changed his mind once he realized we chose not to get married in church. He said God wouldn't have approved of him being in a wedding that wasn't in God's house. Ok........

But I guess God didn't mind him coming to the wedding, starting trouble and getting drunk though:/

wulfeyes05
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Awesome. My Uncle walked me down the isle. My bio dad has been out of my life for years. My grandpa and uncle were always my father figures. My grandpa died when I was twelve, but I still have my uncle.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Yea, that's messed up. I would be hurt also. My father didn't come to my wedding, long story but it was something he did and he chose not to come. Thankfully I'm really close to my stepdad ( who raised me my whole life) and he walked me down. Honestly, he deserved it more then my father.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Yeah, but the fact that his parents didn't come and didn't allow his siter to come still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Quoting wulfeyes05:

My brother and my sister were, my husband's sister wasn't allowed at the wedding his parents didn't come either. My husband's best friend was the best man (he's like a brother to my husband)

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Lol. What a cheap.....

Quoting countrymomma81:

Well, so is he...lol. He pulled the same crap a few years later for his sister's wedding. We've come to the conclusion that he just didn't want to pay for a tux...lol. 

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Geez... That's strange!

Quoting countrymomma81:

I only have one that I am close to and yes, she was. As for my husband, his sister was and his brother was not. He was supposed to be in it but he changed his mind once he realized we chose not to get married in church. He said God wouldn't have approved of him being in a wedding that wasn't in God's house. Ok........

But I guess God didn't mind him coming to the wedding, starting trouble and getting drunk though:/

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Lol. What a cheap.....

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Geez... That's strange!

Quoting countrymomma81:

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
That's great you had your uncle! Sorry to here that about your grandpa :(

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Awesome. My Uncle walked me down the isle. My bio dad has been out of my life for years. My grandpa and uncle were always my father figures. My grandpa died when I was twelve, but I still have my uncle.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Quoting wulfeyes05:

wulfeyes05
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Thanks, but it's alright. It happened a long time ago and he wouldn't want to be sad. He was a pretty awesome guy. He told people before he died that he wanted a closed casket because he didn't want everyone crying over him lol. He was a tough old man, only ever saw him cry twice.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

That's great you had your uncle! Sorry to here that about your grandpa :(

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Quoting wulfeyes05:

erienne06
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Yes, my brothers were groomsmen and my SIL was a bridesmaid. Jason is an only child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dearg76
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

My sister and his was - my brother was an usher

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)