Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think it's better too

Posted by   + Show Post

live with a man before you marry him, or the other way around? Sorry ladies

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
nicole2884
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I disagree its harder to hide things when you live together if not almost impossible but if you dont live together its rather easy to hide things

Quoting jesuschild06:

I think living together is important for reasons stated, but I also think waiting can make the relationship that much more intimate and stronger. I believe even living with someone before marriage, they can still hide things until you marry if they want. So I dont think one choice is better than the other in general. Just gotta decide which one is right for you and him specifically.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Butterfly1108
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Sometimes it is good to check it out before you marry.

jesuschild06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM

you may not be able to hide some things, but there are definately things you can hide. A person can also be a hassle living together, and you decide you can deal with it, but then as soon as your married the person get 10 times worse. I know several people this has happened to. 

Quoting nicole2884:

I disagree its harder to hide things when you live together if not almost impossible but if you dont live together its rather easy to hide things

Quoting jesuschild06:

I think living together is important for reasons stated, but I also think waiting can make the relationship that much more intimate and stronger. I believe even living with someone before marriage, they can still hide things until you marry if they want. So I dont think one choice is better than the other in general. Just gotta decide which one is right for you and him specifically.

SassyLaLa85
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Live with him.  I lived with my first finance first and it was the best thing for me...we didn't get married which is good, because if we had, we would have gotten divorced within the first year.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM

For me to live with him. I saw to many bad marriages when I was younger. They rushed into it and then complained and had crappy marriages. I did not want that at all. So hubby and talked about it and we both had the same feelings. So we lived together for 5 years before we were married.

CJTC0911
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I think it's better to wait! We waited & have been married 7 years this June!! :) And there was nothing surprising that happened I didn't know before we got married or shocked he did.
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM
We lived together before we married. I think it's totally up to you. My family is Christian and your not suppose to live together or sex and all that before marriage. I think it's up to you and what you feel is right.
Mrsmumofboys
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM

defo live with him before there's no other way imgine if you didn't all those nasty little suprises you couldn't change lol x

MJP76
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Live with him first. You gotta test drive that shit!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I lived with DH before we got married.  I wanted to make sure it was going to work, that we were going to be compatible before getting married.  I had already been there and done that.  I didn't want another divorce..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)