Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
My daughter is 12yra old and her school is doing bald for bucks. Her and 1 other girl in her school are going to have there heads shaved and there hair donated. Tomorrow is the day and its being done at a assembly so I of course with be there for her. No words can begin to explain how proud I am of her I'm just upset that it's not important enough to DH to take a hour or 2 off of work to be there to support her. It's not that he can't take the time it's he won't take the time :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Replies (11-12):
Zazayam
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM

This was my thought, too.

That's really impressive that she's doing that, you should be proud.

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Maybe he is upset she is shaving her head, but doesn't want to show it because of why she is? My husband would cry like a big old baby if my daughter cut her hair, let alone shaved it. 

angel_peanut
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:29 PM
His reasoning basically was that he didn't want to loose the money from missing work. It really is neither here nor there to me now....overwhelming pride for what my DD did has taken over. I can't even begin to describe watching her up on stage in front of her whole school getting her head shaved. This goes beyond a proud momma moment!! Thank all you ladies for the kind words....I told her what nice things were said and it made her feel wonderful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)