Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is a good wedding shower gift?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am attending a wedding shower where each guest is given a month and supposed to buy a gift based on what is happening during that month. I got March and all I can think of is spring cleaning. Should I do some kind of basket with cleaning stuff? What would you do or want for a March gift?

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ballerina18
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM

When I think of March I think of getting ready for Spring. Flower pots and gardening supplies might be a nice gift if your friend is into that. Picnic basket with picknicking supplies could be cool. Easter stuff if they celebrate that.

That's all I got. Good luck =)

Vilma1979
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I think that you both have great ideas :) put a bottle of wine in each of the baskets u decide to make lol your friend can drink and plant flowers or clean and drink
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bertieb
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a good idea about the wine, she's a city girl with a condo and wouldn't water a houseplant so I don't think I can do gardening!  Kirstie Alley once said she likes to clean with vodka because it makes fixtures shine, I might throw in the vodka if I do cleaning, lol!

Quoting Vilma1979:

I think that you both have great ideas :) put a bottle of wine in each of the baskets u decide to make lol your friend can drink and plant flowers or clean and drink

Vilma1979
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Lol u should put it in with the cleaning supplies she will love it I know I would :) it will be a cute gift
Chocolatediva81
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I would get something like nice picture frames,and something they can use together maybe something his or hers.I wouldn't really buy cleaning supplies they may think your trying to send a message.Hope this helps.

Quoting Bertieb:

I am attending a wedding shower where each guest is given a month and supposed to buy a gift based on what is happening during that month. I got March and all I can think of is spring cleaning. Should I do some kind of basket with cleaning stuff? What would you do or want for a March gift?

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM
That's a great idea! I would put some wine & some tasty treats!
chillemi78
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM
If she's a wine drinker, a picnic basket with supplies for a picnic, including plastic wine glasses and a corkscrew and a gift certificate to a winery (if there isn't one too far away) so she can have a day trip in the Spring.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)