Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Describe a good husband?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 19 Replies

What makes a good man, what do you do in your marriage to bring peace. What makes a man not cheat, do you think giving him sex anytime he wants it will make him not cheat. Do you complaiment your husband when he does work around the house. How do you ask you husband to do work around the house, do you ask him and leave it alone. Or do you nag him on and on. How do you

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

?

wulfeyes05
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

A good man is honorable, loyal, loving, courageous, not abusive in any way, a good father to his children, someone who stands by you and communicates well, strong, accepting, understanding. Sex is just the icing on the cake. I don't think it matters how much sex you have with a man. If he is going to cheat he will and I know that from my mother's experience. For house work I just say hey babe cayou come and help me clean please. I do compliment him, I thank him. 

smurfbitebug
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a LOT of questions. My advice would be not to try to CONTROL life so much and just let it happen and your marriage will be healthier for it. A good husband is a man who puts effort into his relationship with you and his family. No matter how effing stupid he may get.. if he's faithful, he loves you, and he tries... well damn, you have it made.
Just because you would like him to try in different ways than he does try doesn't make his efforts null and void, either. If your favorite flowers are tulips and you have told him that a million times yet he has never ever brought you tulips.. but he brings you daisies because he thinks they're cute like you.. you should accept those daisies with gratitude and go get yourself some tulips later to "make the arrangement complete". Kwim?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyto3bees
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Someone whos nice, caring , loving, who helps with the kids and around the house, takes care of his family, rather be with his famil than his boys, turns off his phone as much as he can at home.. listens, responds, rubs your back or feet or whatever when you need it!

elliotmommytobe
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM
We have a mutual partnership. We work together on everything
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I don't ask my husband to do anything around the house. I enjoy doing house work. My husband & I are loving, caring to each other. We listen to each other if one of us wants to talk. We talk care of each other. My husband is a amazing man

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Do you want to know what people consider a good man, or do you want to know the answers to each of your individual questions. I ask, because those questions have nothing to do with your title.
smurfbitebug
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Word

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Do you want to know what people consider a good man, or do you want to know the answers to each of your individual questions. I ask, because those questions have nothing to do with your title.
Boundbylove
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Obedient one should cover it.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

chillemi78
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM
A "good" husband is going to be described a different way by each different woman. My husband is an amazing husband to me. He is a wonderful provider who adores me and our children. But he very rarely does anything around the house, including maintenance and outside yardwork. Some women would say that's a terrible husband. But him and I have our home life worked out between us and we are happy with it. What matters is what you and your husband think, not your neighbor, not your mother, not your best friend, not any of us. If he is the best man that he can be for you and you appreciate it, then you two will be happy. If you spend all of your time comparing him to everyone else's answers and standards, you will never find happiness.
As for the other questions, to bring peace, we communicate. I do not nag, I tell him what I need/want and we discuss. I honestly don't think sex has much to do with cheating at all (except in cases of addiction, in which case it really has nothing to do with the spouse). I think if a man feels respected in his home, he will remain faithful, even if sex is lacking. If my husband does something around the house, I thank him. As I said earlier, my husband doesn't do much of anything around our house, but if I need something done, I tell him. He does meet immediate needs, like finishing dinner if I have to nurse the baby or keeping the kids quiet when I take a nap. But for household projects or maintenance, if I have a solution, I offer it and see if he is agreeable or see what he offers. Example, I actually don't mind yardwork, but its darn near impossible to do with an infant. I told him my friend's teenage boys were going to be looking to earn money this summer and I'd like to have them come clean up the yard and trim the bushes once a month. He said great, let him know when I want them to start and to remind him when to give me the cash to pay them. In that case, he understands the need to get it done, knows I am not capable of doing it all, but yet he hasn't been nagged or told what to do. And we both have a happy solution.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)