Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

he said its because I'm black!!!

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:05 AM
  • 63 Replies
My hubby and I got into it over our loan officer asking for more info on my husbands bank account. Now what caused it more to escalate was him saying she talks to me like im dumb, she thinks I'm a stupid black man and I don't like that she's all into my personal business. I was kinda shocked because I'm trying to explain that's not what she's doing and just because she asks do you understand, and we need to ask these things. She does it for me so I really do understand what's all going on. We have not spoken as of yet and I'm not even sure how to start a conversation with him. It really shocked me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM
5 moms liked this
I would just give him a little space and then try to talk to him. Good luck!
edelweiss23
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Try having the bank manager talk to you both
mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM
He slept on couch. I'm giving him lots of space.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

I would just give him a little space and then try to talk to him. Good luck!

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I guess we could but do you think that would help

Quoting edelweiss23:

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

I have had two cups of coffee this morning and I still can not understand what the argument was about...

I bank loaner asked to see important documents and he got angry? Part of going through the process to get a loan is to make sure you qualify, so it is a necessity that the loaner sees your personal information...

Did the loan officer make a comment about his race?

edelweiss23
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:23 AM
It's worth a try.
I appreciated when our loan officer broke it down idiot style for me. I didn't understand it at all.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Quoting edelweiss23:

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Did she ask him for more then what she asked of you. Also does she speak to him differently then she speaks to you
mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I don't think so but this is something that has been a topic of conversation before even in resturants. She asked for his bank account info. I got asked for a LOT more since I am the one going on the home loan.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Did she ask him for more then what she asked of you. Also does she speak to him differently then she speaks to you

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I'm sorry it was early for me too when I typed this out. The arguement started over him getting all hot and bothered over our loan officer (we are buying a home) asking for more info for his bank account info, when she got it last month the papers it didn't show a lot of money in there, so what she wants now is to show what it looks like now that he got paid. No she said nothing of the sort about his race. So me I try to let him know that is not what she is going at nor do I think that and I need her at times to talk to me like a 2 year old with what she needs so I understand. He is mad because he feels like if she needed it then she don't need it now. Trust me I tried to explain it's only going to get worse that the underwritters may ask for even more info.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

I have had two cups of coffee this morning and I still can not understand what the argument was about...

I bank loaner asked to see important documents and he got angry? Part of going through the process to get a loan is to make sure you qualify, so it is a necessity that the loaner sees your personal information...

Did the loan officer make a comment about his race?

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I have to have it done. I am with you there with the idiot style talk.

Quoting edelweiss23:

It's worth a try.
I appreciated when our loan officer broke it down idiot style for me. I didn't understand it at all.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Quoting edelweiss23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN