Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What's your DH/SO favorite sports teams?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
βš½βšΎπŸˆπŸ€β›³πŸŽΎπŸŠ
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Regardless of whether they are doing good or bad (he does get frustrated with them when doing bad though, very loudly and dramatically haha) He sticks with our local teams so:

The Detroit Tigers

The Detroit Lions

The Redwings

The Pistons

and also

Michigan Wolverines

He has shirts etc of many of them (I am working on getting him the ones he doesnt have yet)

Also for things like the superbowl or stanley cup or whatever ... if one of his teams didnt make it to that part then he usually roots for the underdog.

YVONNE

Evansmommy1130
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM
The Tampa Bay Rays
bcauseimthemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Chicago Bears

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Bulls

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS...BABY.....

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens
bcauseimthemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM

That was so nice of the Redwings to play as crappy as they did today so the Hawks didn't even need to break a sweat....

Seriously though, I live in the Detroit area but grew up in Chicago sooooooooo....it is hometown PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!,,,, Chicago is home.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Regardless of whether they are doing good or bad (he does get frustrated with them when doing bad though, very loudly and dramatically haha) He sticks with our local teams so:

The Detroit Tigers

The Detroit Lions

The Redwings

The Pistons

and also

Michigan Wolverines

He has shirts etc of many of them (I am working on getting him the ones he doesnt have yet)

Also for things like the superbowl or stanley cup or whatever ... if one of his teams didnt make it to that part then he usually roots for the underdog.

MrsLuciano02
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM

My DH is a diehard New York Giants fan, he doesn't really watch any other sport but if does it will be the Yankees or the Rangers (he was born and raised in NY)

Lorena
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Dh is a diehard Packer fan Osseo Thunder, Osseo Dragons, and racing fan (Dale Jr.). He sometimes watches ultimate fighting (John Cena)
countrymomma81
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM

He adores football. I often refer to myself as a "football widow" because during football season I might as well not have a husband....lol. I'm good natured about it and don't nag him about it. At least he's home or with us and not in a bar spending money. Plus I'm starting to enjoy it as well. 

He loves the Saints for pro but he'll watch and NFC game and some AFC. For college he's a huge LSU fan but we went to a few UL games last year (the college is not far from us) and he's quickly becoming a fan. I'm getting him season tickets to the football games for Father's Day. 

Also we go to every football game of the high school he graduated from. And when our son plays football he plays for the same team (our league names the teams after the smascots in our parish) and he coaches two or three teams a year. 

So this is how our weeks go during football. Monday & Wednesday is practice for one of his teams. Tuesday & Thursday is practice for his other team. Fridays are high school football night (we go to every game, home or not). Saturdays are when his teams play plus we have LSU recording on the DVR at home and we will go to the UL game. Sundays are NFL. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)