Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overreacting? Maybe

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 15 Replies

My poor husband went to the ER last night from work because he had a panic attack.

We are down to one phone and our Internet phone through google.This allows us to make phone calls while using the Internet. Long story short he ends up leaving work around 5 am this morning. He send me a text to our google number to call him. The text will come up on my phone (which is off) as a email because its connected to our wifi. Anyways I missed his messages by an hour. I call his job to see what was up because the text seemed urgent. One of his coworkers picked up. And instantly I knew something was wrong.

I kept calling and calling still no answer. I figure ok maybe he is at his mom's house. He does have a habit of going over there right after work and doesn't come home till hours later without any notice. So I thought ok no biggie. Then I remembered that his mom was coming over to drop off some baskets for our kids. So I start calling again.

Finally he picks up. I don't give him any attitude and I ask "what is going on? I have been calling you. What's up?" He says "I know I was on the phone but I went to the ER and so on. My mom came and sat with me."

Wow! ok so your mom meets you at the hospital and no cares to leave a voice mail or text me?

I was very disappointed that he didn't inform me. Because to me that is very serious. A PANIC ATTACK! Yeah I should be informed. Not as your leaving the hospital. I'm very relieved that everything is fine and he is doing better but I can't help but to feel like I wasn't included in my husband's health.

If he was in my shoes and I didn't came home and he finds out that I was in the ER as I leaving the hospital he would feel the same way.

Am I being selfish? Maybe. I can't help feeling this way.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catchup29
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Had he gotten a hold of you, would you have been able to go to the hospital? Just curious.

I think he was scared and needed someone there. Since you didnt answer he called mommy. Mommy was probably pissed you ignored her baby and was enjoying having him to herself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Yes. I have panic and anxiety attacks my first priority is me because for me those hurt and it takes a while to come down from. His mom could have called or a friend from work but they didn't but in the end you got in touch with him . If anything I would have been more worried about what triggered the attack
Mommy_Tate
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Yes we have another car.

Yea, I know he was scared. But I hope she wasn't pissed.

Quoting catchup29:

Had he gotten a hold of you, would you have been able to go to the hospital? Just curious.

I think he was scared and needed someone there. Since you didnt answer he called mommy. Mommy was probably pissed you ignored her baby and was enjoying having him to herself.

jojo_star
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I would be upset as well. I am his partner, I should be the one he calls first, but even if not first, at the very least he should call before he leaves.

Mommy_Tate
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Yes you are right. It was from stress.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Yes. I have panic and anxiety attacks my first priority is me because for me those hurt and it takes a while to come down from. His mom could have called or a friend from work but they didn't but in the end you got in touch with him . If anything I would have been more worried about what triggered the attack

Mommy_Tate
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I agree. I think its just the thought of something happening to him and I'm not informed right away. Thank goodess his fine. He is resting right now.

Quoting jojo_star:

I would be upset as well. I am his partner, I should be the one he calls first, but even if not first, at the very least he should call before he leaves.

jojo_star
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, that would be it for me too. I want to know where he is and what is wrong, so I can act accordingly. If I need to go to him, if I need to pick kids up, or take over any of his other responsibilities, and just the sheer courtesy of letting your partner know that something is wrong when it happens. I'm glad he's ok. 

Quoting Mommy_Tate:

I agree. I think its just the thought of something happening to him and I'm not informed right away. Thank goodess his fine. He is resting right now.

Quoting jojo_star:

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM

He did try contacting you but you didn't see it until an hour later right? If it is something to do with the heart, usually the ER will bring you straight in. Phones are suppose to be off. His mom could of walked out the hospital and tried calling you, but she was probably worried and focused on her son. I wouldn't be upset if I were in your place. I would be glad that it was only a panic attack, he took care of himself. 

Mommy_Tate
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Sure he took care of himself but I have a right to be there, be worried and so on.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

He did try contacting you but you didn't see it until an hour later right? If it is something to do with the heart, usually the ER will bring you straight in. Phones are suppose to be off. His mom could of walked out the hospital and tried calling you, but she was probably worried and focused on her son. I wouldn't be upset if I were in your place. I would be glad that it was only a panic attack, he took care of himself. 

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:37 PM

But he did try to contact you, right?

Quoting Mommy_Tate:

Sure he took care of himself but I have a right to be there, be worried and so on.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)