Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I just got a phone call....

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 22 Replies
13 moms liked this
That made my heart melt! My almost 12 year old stepson called me a few minutes ago! I'm not sure his mom was happy about it, but it made my day! He is such a sweetheart! His dad/ my husband and I gave him a cell phone on our account, and now Micheal, my stepson, texts and calls me regularly! He lives about 45 minutes away, and we don't see him as often as we would like because my husband works out of state.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyspalace
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Xo
cox3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Happy for you
MamaAjax
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratz. Even if his mommy is not so happy, the fact that he is open and likes spending time with you is a great thing. Kids don't really care how many adults are in their lives, they're just happy if everyone is happy and everything is taken care of. So it's a good sign you and your hubby are happy and doing the right thing!

AlannaMaria
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe, that's sweet :)
rbailey2414
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissAlly89
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

That's sweet. It's good that you have that kind of relationship with your step son. Step moms tend to have a bad rap for being evil (even when they aren't). You should be proud.

MommyLehr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! I'm glad you have a good relationship with him! I am tired of seeing all these posts about the women hating their step kids.
Ayshren
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats great:)

littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

This!! Good job mama!! 

Quoting MommyLehr:

Yay! I'm glad you have a good relationship with him! I am tired of seeing all these posts about the women hating their step kids.

myownparadise
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! My husband and I have two daughters together and he had a vasectomy. I wanted a little boy, but my stepson has become just as much mine. Micheal, my boy, called back later, and when he did he clarified that it wasn't because he was talking to me, it was that he had chores to do.

Quoting MamaAjax:

Congratz. Even if his mommy is not so happy, the fact that he is open and likes spending time with you is a great thing. Kids don't really care how many adults are in their lives, they're just happy if everyone is happy and everything is taken care of. So it's a good sign you and your hubby are happy and doing the right thing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN