Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

what do you do when your husband is at work?

Posted by   + Show Post

mine is gone every two weeks for two weeks for his job as an oilrig worker i never run out of things to do .. what do you do in your extra time if you have any ?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (101-104):
printerr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Work...or if it's Saturday, take care of our son.

hockeymomsue64
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM

My husband is an installer for DirecTV and I am a RN at the hospital so we are both almost always working.

zoo003
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Wow!  I am sure you are one busy momma, with having a 3 year old and a 7 month old, plus going back to school.  I am so glad that your dh likes where he works.  That is so important and one of the main reasons that my dh transferred from his previous department.  I completely agree with you.  Many departments do not pay their officers what they should.  It is very sad when a person who risks his/her life can qualify for government assistance (I feel this applies for anyone who is in a profession where they risk their life for little pay, not just police officers). 

Quoting kalejames2010:

The whole department is that way. The only reason I don't bug him to transfer departments is because I know he is happy here. Both of our boys are little. My oldest is 3 yrs and our baby turned 7 months yesterday. I am starting school this fall to be an RN. And in no way did I take your response as judging or bragging. I just wish they were paid for what they do. Putting their life on the line day in and day out deserves more than what many across the country receive. It was a very sad day in our marriage to realize that i could go and get government assistance and him risk his life for the people in our community.

Diane1223
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM

play on the computer or I am at work...except on Fridays and weekends I am off.  I work Mon -Thurs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)