Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

what do you do when your husband is at work?

Posted by   + Show Post

mine is gone every two weeks for two weeks for his job as an oilrig worker i never run out of things to do .. what do you do in your extra time if you have any ?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
pinkysmommy720
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM

He leaves at 3am, so I spend from that time until 7am sleeping..lol. Then I get up and get kids off to school, go to the gym for 2 hours or so. Then back home for cleaning, laundry, etc

melschlegs
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I'm a sahm, so along with taking care of my 8 mo, I clean, prep for dinner, call my family (we live over 1,000 miles away from them, so I try to call them once a day/every other day), do laundry (3 times a week), all while NCIS/House marathons play on tv. :)

jojo_star
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I work as well, so on my days off, I catch up on reading, cleaning, laundry, etc, or I go out with friends, or just relax. 

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM

He works nights. So when he leaves we do homework, cook dinner, clean up and our night time routine. They girls are off to bed. I either do a few things, crochet, knit, watch tv, read, take a bath. What ever I feel like till I am ready for bed.

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Extra time? What's that? lol

My S/O works a lot, sometimes 14+ hours a day. He's usually off for two days each week though. I cook, I clean, take care of my girls, study....there's always something to do, with 5 people living here.

myownparadise
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM
What kin of work does he do? My hubby is gone for 30 days at a time and home for two weeks after each 30 day period. I keep up with everything as far as bills, our children, the house. I enjoy shopping and taking our girls to different places.

Quoting lynne719:

mine is gone every two weeks for two weeks for his job i never run out of things to do .. what do you do in your extra time if you have any ?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sprinkles9112
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Sometimes I'm called in to substitute for a class. 

If not, I work on my homework, clean, play with the dogs, laundry, and I pick up my nephew everyday from school and play nanny until early evening. 

progressandjoy
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM

When DH is at work, I go to class. After class, I go to my job.

A few days a week, I get a couple hours at home alone. I try to tidy up, but I also like to veg out - sleep in. watch Netflix. play some videogames. Sometimes DH complains when I don’t spend my alone time cleaning or cooking, but I’m pretty firm that I deserved down time, too.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Cook, Clean, Childcare, playdates, activites with the kids, read, cafemom, watch TV, all kinds of things, lol. I like to stay busy

Lovemybaby551
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM

If hes working nights, I sleep lol. I tried to adjust my sleep schedule to his but he goes back to days every five weeks so that didnt work out. When he does work days I clean, cook, and facebook LOL. Im pregnant with my first cant wait until baby comes so I have someone to spend the time with

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)