Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

what do you do when your husband is at work?

Posted by   + Show Post

mine is gone every two weeks for two weeks for his job as an oilrig worker i never run out of things to do .. what do you do in your extra time if you have any ?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
leanntx
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is the same, home for two weeks, gone for two weeks. My time is spent taking care of kids and house, I always have something to do.

Quoting lynne719:

mine is gone every two weeks for two weeks for his job i never run out of things to do .. what do you do in your extra time if you have any ?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
XoBrowningMomXo
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a SAHM so when DH is at work from 5-6 I clean whatever needs to be cleaned, do laundry, bathe the kids, enjoy nap time & do it all over again
MJP76
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Sleep, clean, cook.. The normal stuff.

mom_of_one_boy
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Since my SO works nights im sleepin while he works. And he gets home in time for me to get up to go to work and get kids off to school. We have same days off so we clean or do whatever on our off days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Hahaha... DH is retired. I'm the one still working.. lol In my extra time I enjoy GNO's and some retail therapy ;)
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Take care of the kids and horse, run errands, pay bills and balance the account. Once the kids are in bed I read or watch TV, surf cm, write, draw and enjoy my own desert without the kids bothering me. Dh is gone for 3-4 weeks...so I've found quite a few ways to occupy myself.
risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Dh is gone for 4 days and then home for 2, while he's gone I take care of ds(2 months), our dog and clean up after us and our roommates ( we're in between houses right now-trying to move up near dh's worksite which is 3 hours away).
TattedReader
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:25 AM
I'm interested in what both your DHs do? I thought mine had a crazy schedule as a firefighter..but not compared to that

Quoting myownparadise:

What kin of work does he do? My hubby is gone for 30 days at a time and home for two weeks after each 30 day period. I keep up with everything as far as bills, our children, the house. I enjoy shopping and taking our girls to different places.

Quoting lynne719:

mine is gone every two weeks for two weeks for his job i never run out of things to do .. what do you do in your extra time if you have any ?

TattedReader
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:27 AM
My DH is a firefighter/paramedic so he works 24 hours then is home for 72 hours. So there isn't a lot of time spent without him or the kids. I do enjoy the 2 nights a week he's at work because I get the bed and TV all to myself and I sometimes pig out lol
pittymama
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:31 AM

i clean, cook, organize, hang out with the dogs, play with our DD, run errands, catch up on TV shows/movies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)