Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

what do you do when your husband is at work?

Posted by   + Show Post

mine is gone every two weeks for two weeks for his job as an oilrig worker i never run out of things to do .. what do you do in your extra time if you have any ?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
zoo003
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I sleep.  He is a police officer and works graveyard.  When he has court/overtime/is on call during the day/etc, then I run errands, volunteer, exercise, read, relax, go to appointments, etc.  Basically, whatever needs to be done or I want to do. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Clean,cafemom,go to the store,workout.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:12 AM

When he's at work, I watch TV, cafemom, and then sleep =) He works third shift...

raeyliNlilysmom
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:13 AM
This!

Quoting SP_Mama:

I clean house, wash clothes, and catch up on TV shows.  Add in some Cafemom and Facebook and that's my day.  *L*

AlannaMaria
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Being a mommy and doing motherly duties!
aimesnyc
by Amy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM

We both go to work (He's 8:30-5:00, I am 8:00-4:00  The 30 minutes in the morning I have to myself after he leaves with our son (he does the daycare drop off), I finish getting dressed.  Then I pick up our son in the evening, and if it's my turn to cook, I start dinner when I get home.  I am usually home by 6, him by 6:30.  If it's his turn to cook, I just hang out with our son until he gets home.

myownparadise
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Mine is now the relief mate ( he was promoted yesterday) on a tugboat. He works in Louisiana.

Quoting TattedReader:

I'm interested in what both your DHs do? I thought mine had a crazy schedule as a firefighter..but not compared to that

Quoting myownparadise:

What kin of work does he do? My hubby is gone for 30 days at a time and home for two weeks after each 30 day period. I keep up with everything as far as bills, our children, the house. I enjoy shopping and taking our girls to different places.

Quoting lynne719:

mine is gone every two weeks for two weeks for his job i never run out of things to do .. what do you do in your extra time if you have any ?

skylersmom44
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I get the kids up and ready for school. Take them to school, clean the house, do laundry, dishes ect. Take care of my 5 month old. Pick my 4 yr old DD up from 4K, start supper, give baths. By that time he is home. He is a really lucky guy who doesn't have much to take care of around here. I even fix things and mow the yard wash the cars ect.

Army-Wife0128
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Clean, organize, cook, wash (mondays only), help DS with homework, go to the gym.....there is never nothing to do here lol.

ShelbysHope76
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Don't usually have any. If I do, I read my kindle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN