Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheating?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 26 Replies
Every couple has their own boundaries when it comes to what is considered acceptable behavior. What would be considered cheating to you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beenhereforever
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM
3 moms liked this
Anything physical or emotional
Dimples303
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this

I would consider cheating to be an intamate physical or emotional relationship that he feels like he has to hide from me... Cheating is a deal breaker. I think I could work through emotional cheating, but never physical. 

KrazyLoveMommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Cheating would be a deal breaker for me too. Been there, done that. Not doing it again.

Quoting Dimples303:

I would consider cheating to be an intamate physical or emotional relationship that he feels like he has to hide from me... Cheating is a deal breaker. I think I could work through emotional cheating, but never physical. 

klee001
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

i guess b/c i'm older, it would be harder to forgive and get over an emotional relationship than if he just went to a bar, got drunk and had a one night stand

not excusing cheating at all---i just think there are different degrees (esp with computers)

would i tolerate an "in your face" kind of cheating---no way and there would def be consequences--wouldn't just walk away from that

but i think that anything regarding someone of the opposite sex that doesn't include you--should prob be looked at. 

I'm def not perfect, but if I have a conversation with a mutual friend or an interaction--i would mention it to my SO---just so there wouldn't be any questions.  i wouldn't make a big deal out of it, though

to me trust is an all or nothing kind of thing--i think a relationship can heal, but it would def take both sides to want to be dedicated to fixing it

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Physical and emotional affairs can blur the lines!
MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Anything physical or emotional... if it's something they shouldn't be doing with or saying towards another person, it's considered cheating in my book!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:15 PM
2 moms liked this

ANything physical or emotional. We dont consider flirting with others acceptable either, neither of us do. We dont have friends of the opposite sex (we both feel the same way about that). We didnt believe in having bachelor or bachelorette parties before our wedding and wont attend them for others either. We know we are both more stringent on what is acceptable and not than the average couple but thats bc in past we had both been traumatized by having been cheated on so we are a perfect match for one another bc we are on the same page and make each other both feel 100% safe and comfortable.

YVONNE

ebmb03
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I AGREE!!!!

Quoting Dimples303:

Gmgej
by Michele on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM
3 moms liked this

anything he is afraid to do in front of me.

KrazyLoveMommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Us too...exactly!

Quoting earthangel1967:

ANything physical or emotional. We dont consider flirting with others acceptable either, neither of us do. We dont have friends of the opposite sex (we both feel the same way about that). We didnt believe in having bachelor or bachelorette parties before our wedding and wont attend them for others either. We know we are both more stringent on what is acceptable and not than the average couple but thats bc in past we had both been traumatized by having been cheated on so we are a perfect match for one another bc we are on the same page and make each other both feel 100% safe and comfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)