Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should we as parents make a change? PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM
  • 12 Replies

There have been many issues over the years involving school-aged kids being victims of murders in their schools. Do you think that as a society we should move towards homeschooling? Or do you feel they should have armed guards in every school?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Homeschooling is a huge commitment and not everyone is qualified for that. So I don't think that's the solution although clearly something needs to be done
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM

They have online public schools with a teacher for each subject with Connections Academy.

Quoting boshs1andonly:

Homeschooling is a huge commitment and not everyone is qualified for that. So I don't think that's the solution although clearly something needs to be done

klee001
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM

i think home schooling is more of a personal choice.  I hs my son in 6th grd, but that was more because I didn't think he was ready for middle school---was also overprotective--which in hindsight, I would do again--the problems i had with my kids not being "street smart-mature" were comparably nothing to what some of my friends had to deal with.

i do think if it's either homeschooling or armed guards--I would go with armed guards.  most people who work in the school system feel protective of their daytime kids and would prob be responsible about it

i think maybe if it was on a graduated basis (like teachers could have stun guns, upper admin and security actual guns) it would work better.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Neither.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Neither!
Psychos just don't hit schools! Malls, theaters,gas stations, etc.
furbabymum
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Have you seen the stupid people on this site? These women should not be homeschooling. I've no desire to homeschool. I would suck at it.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM
LMAO

Ain't that the truth.

Quoting furbabymum:

Have you seen the stupid people on this site? These women should not be homeschooling. I've no desire to homeschool. I would suck at it.

OHgirlinCA
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Neither.  Both are extreme overreactions.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM

hey now, i homeschool !!!  LOL...i do, preschool and 8th grade

Quoting furbabymum:

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't think there is any one solution, i think we as society need to move forward in a positive way and steer clear of radical options.  Homeschool is a personal choice and i didn't pull my kids from public school cause they might get hurt (they have a great chance of getting hurt riding in the car or playing on the playground) i did it because thier education was pitiful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)