Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Perhaps...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this

We should simply ask them, and then talk about it.   there are alot of posts on here and the advice is give "talk to him".  I think that is excellent advice, but maybe we should ask the right questions....

Here is today's question to ask your partner(s) and then listen, really listen, to thier answers.  Figure out your answers as well and then talk about it. 

Open, non defensive, communication can help us lead to better conversations and learning about each other....

Question for Today (ask your DH and then also have your answers as well so you can discuss):

"When you get home from work, what are the 3 things you would like me to do or say in the first several minutes?"

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chillemi78
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I already know this one, its nothing. He really likes a few minutes to unwind before catching up on my day and the kids. Just like I sometimes need a few minutes after getting the kids settled to get myself out of mommy mode and into adult mode.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Hey Anryan! You should do like a weekly post with a question to ask your dh/so. I like this post a lot and you always have such wonderful advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

aww thanks.  I was thinking about doing that.  One thing poly has shown me is that there is alot of different ways to do things and to talk about things.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Hey Anryan! You should do like a weekly post with a question to ask your dh/so. I like this post a lot and you always have such wonderful advice.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

furbabymum
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

He gets home before me so he should have to ask me that. :P Anyway, we kind of play it by ear. If he's at his computer than we say Hi and then Leo and I get to cooking dinner. If he's in the kitchen that means he wants to talk to me and we talk. Occasionally I'll come in the door and want to fling our 2 year old DS at him before I strangle him. Then my DH tends to pick up DS and go look at airplanes on the computer until mommy gets nicer.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

see, he should ask you these questions lol. 

Quoting furbabymum:

He gets home before me so he should have to ask me that. :P Anyway, we kind of play it by ear. If he's at his computer than we say Hi and then Leo and I get to cooking dinner. If he's in the kitchen that means he wants to talk to me and we talk. Occasionally I'll come in the door and want to fling our 2 year old DS at him before I strangle him. Then my DH tends to pick up DS and go look at airplanes on the computer until mommy gets nicer.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
If I asked that, honestly, his answers would be

1.) Blow job

2.) Blow job

3.) Blow job

And then he'd ask me to make him a sandwich.
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

If I asked that, honestly, his answers would be

1.) Blow job

2.) Blow job

3.) Blow job

And then he'd ask me to make him a sandwich.

MJP76
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM

We've already had this discussion YEARS ago. But we only ask one question and see where that leads us. 

"How was your day?" Usually accompanied by a kiss and a hug. Most often, I'm cooking when he walks in the door. So we talk about stuff while I'm cooking, and then we all sit down to the dinner table and have a family discussion

heartagram_girl
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I know this one! 1. Get him a big glass of sweet tea ready. 2. Have his blanket down on the bed (he hates taking a shower right after work, so he lays a blanket on the bed so he doesnt get the covers/sheets dirty.) and 3. Help him take his boots off. Wearing steel toe size 14 boots for 10+ hours a day wears him out. After that, he strips down to his boxers and we can sit down and talk about our day. Any plans we might like to do. Ideas. Family. Friends. We both try to keep up with current events, and we discuss each day what is happening in the world.

He works hard, so I dont ask anything of him till he has had a chance to relax. Usually I end up asking for a back rub right before bed.

CafeMom Tickers
kalejames2010
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I don't ask him anything but that is just because of the hours he works 5p-3a. I would have to wake up in the middle of the night to do so. By the time he wakes up the next day we talk about everything that went on since he went to work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)