Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is it wrong to ask for a bachelorette party?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 82 Replies
I'm eloping in June with my fiancé, which means I won't have a bridal party and no one will think a out throwing me a party. I want to have a bachelorette party, but I don't want to throw it for myself. Would it be wrong to hint to people, or ask a few friends to maybe do some type of gathering for me? EDIT: Since many of you are questioning if I'm eloping or not, here's the low down. We are technically eloping because only certain people will know about it, namely our babysitter and 2 of our friends plus my grandmother at the moment. Before we leave on our honeymoon vacation, we will most likely do a court marriage, if the place we are going gives us a hassle about getting married outside of our state. My fiance and I are going to tell more of our friends that we talk to, just because we feel they should be the ones we should tell first. Yes it should be our families, but his family doesnt care if they know or not, and my family will try to sabotage us getting married, just because they hate me. That's a different story that I wont get into.

Jennifergay pride ribbon

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradya
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Why dont you want to throw it for yourself just asking???
mommadana
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to who you would want to have as your MOH if you had a traditional wedding.  I bet she would love to help organize it.

Dana      you rock 

weddingcountdown.com

MJP76
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
8 moms liked this

Just do a girls night out. Generally eloping means to not let people be aware you are getting married. The element of surprise.

so just invite a few friends for a girls night out. Or do you want the gifts that are generally associated with a bachelorette party?

New2011Mom1991
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
In my family we believe in others having parties for each other, not doing it ourselves and I guess I have that mind set as well.

Quoting Bradya:

Why dont you want to throw it for yourself just asking???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
New2011Mom1991
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Ill probably just do a girls day or something with my one friend. My MOH doesn't get too much time from work, so I can bet she won't be in the girls day. My inner family wil know that me and him are getting married by the justice of the peace, but other than that no one will know except for close friends.
princesskt
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I would "hint" to close family members or friends.  Otherwise they may not know you "want" one..

Aslen
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM
3 moms liked this
Isn't eloping supposed to be a secret?
raven1114
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:11 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't get people's fear of throwing themselves a party. If you want a party that bad then throw one.
mamaanl
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Just talk to couple of close friends about you wanting one.  

baquick
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this
since some know that your getting married, just ask for a girls night out... and then announce btw im getting married (date)!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)