Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is it wrong to ask for a bachelorette party?

I'm eloping in June with my fiancé, which means I won't have a bridal party and no one will think a out throwing me a party. I want to have a bachelorette party, but I don't want to throw it for myself. Would it be wrong to hint to people, or ask a few friends to maybe do some type of gathering for me? EDIT: Since many of you are questioning if I'm eloping or not, here's the low down. We are technically eloping because only certain people will know about it, namely our babysitter and 2 of our friends plus my grandmother at the moment. Before we leave on our honeymoon vacation, we will most likely do a court marriage, if the place we are going gives us a hassle about getting married outside of our state. My fiance and I are going to tell more of our friends that we talk to, just because we feel they should be the ones we should tell first. Yes it should be our families, but his family doesnt care if they know or not, and my family will try to sabotage us getting married, just because they hate me. That's a different story that I wont get into.

Jennifergay pride ribbon

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
MrsThebus
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:33 AM
I wanted one for the "fun factor" part but nobody mentioned it and I didn't feel right asking anyone. My MOH came from out of town so she couldn't help a whole lot otherwise I think she would've. I didn't have a bridal shower either... I was kinda bummed about both lol. My husband didn't have a bachelor party either though. We both stayed with our best friends the night before which for me consisted of falling asleep on the couch with her in the middle of a movie lol so woo. I'd say ask just because it can't hurt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Just as your BFF. I would want to have a party wi you:)

Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Hint to your close friends. Or just have a girls night out and that could basically be bachelorette party. I never had one so I dont know how it goes. Have fun!

Blue_Spiral
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:24 AM

I'm not sure... I never had one.

My mom, aunt and cousin went out with me for a girl's day before my wedding and that was it.

hellokittykat
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:58 AM

You should appoint a friend as a maiden of honor and just ask her to plan the bachelorette party. That way, it's more naturally a duty assigned to someone than a roundabout way of asking for it. You don't need a wedding to appoint people in roles.  I think some people take it as a compliment to be appointed.  Plus, you can still take a photo with your bridesmaids all dressed up and you can have an informal pre-wedding event, like a BBQ or a bridal party sleepover.

jhslove
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:22 AM

I would feel weird asking someone else to throw me a party. By its very nature, that's something that a person should volunteer to do. You can drop hints, but it seems a little strange to come right out and say, "Hey, can you throw me a bachelorette party?"

Having said that, a bachelorette party is not a shower. Because there's no expectation of gifts, there's absolutely nothing wrong with throwing your own. I planned my own BP--it was very low key, a bunch of friends and I just went for dinner and drinks at a swanky restaurant. It was a lot of fun. If you want one, and you don't have anyone to throw it for you, go ahead and plan it yourself! Nothing wrong with that from an etiquette standpoint.

Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:38 AM
People's ideas of what a bachloret party should be are different. Of course I am never getting married again but if I were you I would throw my own.
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:51 AM
just plan a girls night
JNLmomme09
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Just do it yourself it's probably way easier and less drama
TheMrs407
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Are you really eloping? I thought that was a fairly unplanned secret sort of thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)