Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong to ask for a bachelorette party?

I'm eloping in June with my fiancé, which means I won't have a bridal party and no one will think a out throwing me a party. I want to have a bachelorette party, but I don't want to throw it for myself. Would it be wrong to hint to people, or ask a few friends to maybe do some type of gathering for me? EDIT: Since many of you are questioning if I'm eloping or not, here's the low down. We are technically eloping because only certain people will know about it, namely our babysitter and 2 of our friends plus my grandmother at the moment. Before we leave on our honeymoon vacation, we will most likely do a court marriage, if the place we are going gives us a hassle about getting married outside of our state. My fiance and I are going to tell more of our friends that we talk to, just because we feel they should be the ones we should tell first. Yes it should be our families, but his family doesnt care if they know or not, and my family will try to sabotage us getting married, just because they hate me. That's a different story that I wont get into.

Jennifergay pride ribbon

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM

so no one knows you are getting married? or you are just choosing to have a court house marriage? if the later of the two is true i would just ask my bff to help me plan a girls night out

audreesmama
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Eloping is supposed to be a secret, so no, you can't ask for a party. You shouldn't ask for someone to throw you a party, period, ever. That's just tacky. If you were having a wedding and all that jazz, you might get the party, but since you aren't, no dice.

You could take all your girls out a few nights before you kinda elope, but don't expect special treatment or the whole experience. Expect to pay your way, and if you invite them out, probably their way, too. That's how we do it--she who invites, pays.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Wow I wouldn't be able to go out often with my friends if I had to pay simply because I asked them to go have some drinks with me. That makes little sense. But if that's what works for you and your friends, cool. But OP, that's not what all people would expect if you said hey, lets go out! I wouldn't expect my friends to pay my way.

Quoting audreesmama:

Eloping is supposed to be a secret, so no, you can't ask for a party. You shouldn't ask for someone to throw you a party, period, ever. That's just tacky. If you were having a wedding and all that jazz, you might get the party, but since you aren't, no dice.

You could take all your girls out a few nights before you kinda elope, but don't expect special treatment or the whole experience. Expect to pay your way, and if you invite them out, probably their way, too. That's how we do it--she who invites, pays.
MeghMirab
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Just tell your girlfriends you want to get together for a girls night. For a bachlorette party it generally means someone would be spending a lot of money to set up, if you just plan a girls night you could just do the general go get a tiara and sash, go bar hopping and not have to be the DD. lol Just my opinion. I wouldn't ask somebody to put one together for me. 

Cindy18
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM
3 moms liked this

It is always wrong to ask anyone to throw you a party of any kind. 

If you are eloping, then you don't typically get any kind of party. That's your choice to elope so you have chosen to give up the party and presents. 

BeAmour
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
You're "eloping"...no, imo, you shouldn't even get the bachelorette party.
TJandKarasMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM

If I were you, I would just ask my friends if they want to go out for a night with me before I get married.  I'm sure they would love to celebrate with you, you'll drink for free and probably get a few little gifts from close friends.

I'm not a partier so I really didn't do anything.  But if you want to, I don't see why you shouldn't just invite your friends to go out with you.

shannon.m.park
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

its not really eloping if everyone knows, is it?

elkmomma
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM

It's supposed to be.

Quoting Aslen:

Isn't eloping supposed to be a secret?

Aslen
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Op, you're not eloping. You're planning a destination wedding.
Please dear God, get a dictionary
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)