Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is it wrong to ask for a bachelorette party?

I'm eloping in June with my fiancé, which means I won't have a bridal party and no one will think a out throwing me a party. I want to have a bachelorette party, but I don't want to throw it for myself. Would it be wrong to hint to people, or ask a few friends to maybe do some type of gathering for me? EDIT: Since many of you are questioning if I'm eloping or not, here's the low down. We are technically eloping because only certain people will know about it, namely our babysitter and 2 of our friends plus my grandmother at the moment. Before we leave on our honeymoon vacation, we will most likely do a court marriage, if the place we are going gives us a hassle about getting married outside of our state. My fiance and I are going to tell more of our friends that we talk to, just because we feel they should be the ones we should tell first. Yes it should be our families, but his family doesnt care if they know or not, and my family will try to sabotage us getting married, just because they hate me. That's a different story that I wont get into.

Jennifergay pride ribbon

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Replies (81-82):
21lisa72
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Wow thats alot to handle- you could maybe just mntion to a few girlfriends that you were thinking about getting together for a last night ladies fling before the ring, you could look into splitting the fee for a limo etc my sister did it sent out invites and chraged everyone to go on a wine tour and back to her ome for dinner.  It was expensive but her friends didnt seem to care, I didnot really drink so it was a little on  fair to me but I was her maid of honor so I did it all, and doing what you are doing is smart and practical.  After having one big wedding ending up failing my second was close family only maybe 20-25 people at our church and food in the church rec room.  Weddings today go into 10s of thousands of dollars its best to do something small and sweet save your money for a home.  I mean my sisters was a bridal shower, a fling before the ring, the rehersal dinner, the wedding, the brunch after it was very expensive to particepate! 

tinysmom160
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM

no do what you want and can afford

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN