• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling over run(long)

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm one month from being due (and one nearly 3 year old) First, my 2 of my hubby's sisters came for a visit, on a whim, and that was fine. One of them has a nearly 2 year old, and the other didn't bring her older teens, they came just to help me with casserole making. They where here for a couple days, and left, they helped, but i also did feel like i did a lot of cooking by myself and cleaning. Which, is fine, but then two days later, my hubby's parent's come to visit, again, no problem, they aren't loud, and his mom is helpful. Though, eventually it started bothering me because my MIL started telling me things i could and couldn't do with MY child. Like seriously, she was like, "oh don't help him with that" then two seconds later she'd help him do whatever she told me not to do with him, the starts feeding him tons of candy or tons of foods that i don't want him to have with out asking me.  I was as nice as Ii could be, once i just said, "no more candy please grandma" and had to be a mean mama since my son already saw the candy. Then, all of the sudden, my hubby's other sister (who has three kids) wants to come over! (during the time my MIL is still over) This sister does not watch her kids well, her kids get into everything, not to mention she lets her kids stay up to all hours of the night, when i need to sleep, as well as my toddler. Eventually, it comes out, she'll just hang out during the day, but i already have plans,and responsiblieties. I kept telling my hubby that i feel overwhelmed, cleaning, cooking for everyone coming and going. That i need time to do things I need, or if we can make a comproise so i don't have to cancel my plans. No comproise, i have to cancel my freaking plans. I'm trying to let it go since everyone seems willing to help me cook and my hubby said he'd help me clean, at the same time, he also said he'd help keep it quiet around our sons nap time so i could rest some too, i ask him for that, he tells me flat out no. He promised me he'd help me with that. He doesn't even want to try it feels like to me, on top of that, since his sister with the three kids have been hanging out he's like, "we should have them just stay over" i'm like, thinking what the hell? no..i can't say that, i doubt i could at this point. I don't feel listened to, i've been trying to tell him i need time to rest, and take care of myself. I had a slight sick day easter sunday, i got better monday, but i just don't feel like i want to clean up after so many people, like i need to have my life and my responblities, but nuts to me.  If i made my hubby feel like that, it would not fly. He'd but upset..i feel like i can't be..i bring it up nicely, and it's shrugged off. If i make a big stink though, i'll be in trouble.. 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))

madamelinwe
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM

The 11th docotor and hugs! Thank you, i do feel a bit better now.

Quoting Serenity7:

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)