Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love and other affectionate things.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you all about the affection and displaying your love, or are you a bit more cool about it and keep it mostly private?

Options:

Affection all the way! Don't care who knows it or sees it.

Openly affectionate with some coolness.

Depends on the mood.

Cool and private most of the time.

Cool and private all of the time.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

So ladies. Just curious here, not asking for advice, but instead share your stories.

I love my DH to death. He knows it and I know it, and that's all that really matters to me.

My dear loving hairbrained bat-s**t crazy mother seems to think otherwise.

Now I'm a big conservative when it comes to showing a lot of skin. I don't like my dresses at or above the knee and even when I do try to wear them they end up being worn around the house and no where else. My "shorts" are actually a cross between capris and board shorts. I'm also a huge conservativie when it comes to public affection. My DH teases me about this, but I think he has more fun getting the response out of me rather than actually wanting to display public affect. I'll hold hands and maybe a pecking kiss, but outside of that, nothing else at all.

I was raised in the Deep South of Tenneessee. In an itty-bitty town in which it took me about 30minutes car ride to get to school and there was only one stop light. There was so many churches, and most where those good ole Southern Baptist Churches (which I attended one growing up.)

Even before my wedding. My mom would ask me "Are you sure? I don't hear you talking about a lot about love" when I did up our "story" of how we got engaged for some pre-wedding things.

When she walked in and caught us really into kissing in the kitchen I went beet red and was shuffling my feet and staring at the ground like I got caught doing other things that wasn't as "tame" as kissing. Then she'd "Ask are you sure you want to do this? You don't seem to be very passionate about it."

Up until the day before the wedding my mom, every day like clock work "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Even my friends complained that DH and I seemed like an "Old married couple who had lost the spark."

(A couple of very close friends knew otherwise and loved teasing me about it, my facial reactions are apparently very funny.)

I'm just not that big into showing openly public affection outside of the home (Or in it with company around for that matter)

What about you ladies? Big on the affection or are you a bit more cool?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (11-16):
mom_of_one_boy
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM
We are an affectionate couple but keep the pda down to a minium when out and about(hand holdin, arm around shoulder/waist and an occasional peck is our limit.) My kids dont see much other than mom and dad hug and kiss and hold hands and its normal to them. We like to do group hugs with the whole family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:22 AM

We are very affectionate.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I voted for the second choice.  It really comes down to the moment.   Sometimes the moment just calls for it and other times it doesn't.   Does that make sense?

MamaAjax
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Makes absolute sense.

Quoting Krysden:

I voted for the second choice.  It really comes down to the moment.   Sometimes the moment just calls for it and other times it doesn't.   Does that make sense?

3xangel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM
This. I don't feel the need to put on a show for the world to see. Modesty- a lot of people need to get some.

Quoting JDsWifey:

I'm a rather reserved person in most situations in public. We hold hands and sometimes kiss, but that is usually the limit. My hubby is a lot more affectionate in public and I'm often either swatting his hands away or telling him "that's inappropriate" LOL:) I'm big on affection at home most of the time though and he is even more so...I don't think he is capable of walking past me without touching me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM
We're very affectionate :) we cant keep our hands off each other- and we always need to be close and touching. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)