Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I repin all these craft ideas on Pinterest, I haven't been able to do them yet. I'll start doing tem when my DH is deloyed to keep me occupied. I can't wait to start crafting, although it sucks my hubby will be away. :/

Any one else love to craft?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Replies (21-29):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM

When the 5 kids were home and growing up I loved doing all sorts of crafts especially from Family Fun Magazine with them.

But my biggest craft while they were growing up was baking and decorating awesome sculpture 3d type cakes for all their birthdays and special occasions and making candy and lollipops as well

Now that they are all grown up I dont do any crafts anymore

YVONNE

corpswife523
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Ooooh! That's awesome. I think I saw that wreath, too! I love the decorative crafts & ideas.

Quoting IloveElephants:

I love to craft!  In the last couple of years I've been making books.  It has basically replaced scrapbooking for me.  I taught my daughter to sew and she makes plushies for people.  Her hand needlework is really nice!  I like to knit, but just basic things.  I'd love to knit a sweater, but I don't have time to do it.

Pinterest is awesome for ideas!  Especially around Christmas for ideas for gifts.  My next project is a burlap wreath I saw on Pinterest.  Burlap is really in right now.

corpswife523
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

That cake crafting sounds really fun!   I love to bake as well, but I don't think I could do anything like that. Have any grandkids or friends kids to craft for?

Quoting earthangel1967:

When the 5 kids were home and growing up I loved doing all sorts of crafts especially from Family Fun Magazine with them.

But my biggest craft while they were growing up was baking and decorating awesome sculpture 3d type cakes for all their birthdays and special occasions and making candy and lollipops as well

IloveElephants
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I like this type that isn't so huge and the folds are looser.  I can hang this on my front door and change the theme!

Quoting corpswife523:

Ooooh! That's awesome. I think I saw that wreath, too! I love the decorative crafts & ideas.

Quoting IloveElephants:

I love to craft!  In the last couple of years I've been making books.  It has basically replaced scrapbooking for me.  I taught my daughter to sew and she makes plushies for people.  Her hand needlework is really nice!  I like to knit, but just basic things.  I'd love to knit a sweater, but I don't have time to do it.

Pinterest is awesome for ideas!  Especially around Christmas for ideas for gifts.  My next project is a burlap wreath I saw on Pinterest.  Burlap is really in right now.

IloveElephants
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Quoting corpswife523:

That cake crafting sounds really fun!   I love to bake as well, but I don't think I could do anything like that. Have any grandkids or friends kids to craft for?

Quoting earthangel1967:

awwww, maybe when you have grandkids you can craft with them!

corpswife523
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM

That is so cute! Totally something I would do!

Quoting IloveElephants:

I like this type that isn't so huge and the folds are looser.  I can hang this on my front door and change the theme!

Quoting corpswife523:

Quoting IloveElephants:

lageise
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Scrapbooking is the only craft I do.  I love it, but I don't get to do anywhere near as much as I'd like to.  I'm going to an all day scrap/crop on the 13th.  I can't wait.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I like the idea of crafting.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Quoting corpswife523:

Quoting earthangel1967:

My own kids are now  3 girls ages 19, almost 21 and 24 and 2 boys almost 18 and almost 26. None of them have kids and will be surprised if there are grandkids any time soon. But even if they do have kids someday, my kids are even more artistic and creative and talented than I am so I am quite sure they will be the ones wanting to do the cakes etc. As a matter of fact one daughter even took Wilton cake decorating courses 1,2 and 3. (I was just self taught). But if I ever have grandkids I WILL for sure subscribe to Family Fun Magazine again and do lots of stuff in there with them. : )

No.. no friends kids.

I, on and off throw around the idea of becoming a Big Sister in the big brothers big sisters organization but am worried about getting in over my head bc it feels like I am short on time and spread thin trying to see and spend time with all my loved ones already as it is.

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)