Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Talking to his Ex

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 25 Replies
Our wedding is in 21 days and last night I see a text come through and he promptly deleted it. Obviously there was something to hide. I'm the most trusting person but this prompted an investigation of the truth. I found that he has been messaging his ex for the past 11 months. She lives 6 hours away but still visits our town since she once lived here. He says the messages have always of been innocent. I can't believe he would have kept this hidden for so long if it was innocent. I think I need to call off this wedding but I feel so bad for our 7 month old daughter and his 7 year old daughter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM
5 moms liked this

Im sorry.

I think you are right , if it was innocent than he should have been telling you about the texting the whole time ..and to delete them as soon as he gets them? That is a huge red flag.

Listen to your gut ...

Vilma1979
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Oh man I'm so sorry . But if it's so innocent why did he delete message
Vilma1979
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I agree with u on that

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Im sorry.

I think you are right , if it was innocent than he should have been telling you about the texting the whole time ..and to delete them as soon as he gets them? That is a huge red flag.

Listen to your gut ...

KrazyLoveMommy
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM
This ....
Sorry hun! :(

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Im sorry.

Listen to your gut ...

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you should do a little more investigating, trust your gut instinct and then make a decision. I am so sorry. I know the relationships I have been in like that all ended the same. The ex always won the battle. However the upside is if he really is being unfaithful in any way at least you found out before you married him.
Kristen_85
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Thank you. I'm just so torn and I cannot believe that I'm going through this right now. It's the scariest feeling of having to be a single mom and find a place to live and being able to afford life without SO. I know he'll help out with supporting his child but is it enough?!
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I'm sorry momma. I would do some more investigating and find out the truth before you make a decision. But I agree that something fishy seems to be going on.

mommysangelface
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM

while it does seems strange i wouldnt make any rash decisions right now. 

talk to him. 

gonecrazi
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM

You have to do what feels right for you.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

"no matter how flat you make a pancake, it still has two sides"  Have you asked him about it?  Is it possible that it's just that they are still friends and he was worried about your reaction or it being misunderstood?   There may be more to it than what it appears. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)