Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Could you be with your spouse 24/7 (just for fun)?

Poll

Question: Could you be with your spouse all the time?

Options:

Yes! Isn't that what it's all about?

No way! Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 254

View Results

I love my husband to death, I truly do, but since he's been laid off he's been driving me nuts, and I'm sure he feels the same way about me!

My husband and I are opposites in every way; I'm an introvert, he's an extrovert. He is go, go, go, I am stay, stay, stay. He is persnickety, I am relaxed and easygoing. This typically works, but since he's been home we're driving each other up the wall. The majority of the day he runs around like a chicken with he head cut off saying, 'I'm bored! I need a project! This is boring!'

He has a FOURTH interview with the same company on Monday, so fingers crossed! 

So how do you feel? All the time or sometimes?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (101-110):
mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
For 1 week yes, but not long term. I know exactly how you feel. My husband was laid off 4 times in 5 years and is finally with a great company. He drove me crazy every time. I had to find projects for him to keep him busy. The longest he was not working was 4 months and one of his former coworkers was also laid off and driving his wife crazy as well. We were setting up man dates to get them out of the house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LowryCuisine
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My DH gets laid off every winter for anywhere from a week to a couple months. I go nuts, I have a way of doing things during the day and he justs throws it all off. I'm an Introvert until he comes home and then I want to go, go, go and he wants to stay, stay, stay LOL.

PaperClip811
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Im pretty sure I would at least need some 'me' time.. I need that anyway and he works 6 days a week.

BUT, I think we'd do well working together (like running our own company).. we seem to get along much better when we have more time together. But he sounds a lot like your husband.. I can hardly get him to take the one day off from work a week, he is very GO GO GO, and it would make him nuts to be stuck at home.. which would probably make ME nuts. 

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I could. I don't like it when he is gone unless I know I have plenty of stuff to keep me occupied, but that doesn't happen very often.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Autumn19
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

cant live with them cant live without them.

i spend a lot of time with my husband but we have also spent alot of time apart. he went to iraq for a yr. was gone 5 days a week for training for 3.5 months. now hes home ever 2 days for 2 days and i love it and hate it.

Zadidoll
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Yes. We run our business out of our home so the only time we're apart is when he's at a client's office. The only time we're really apart for more than an hour is when I'm at trade shows.

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I barely make it through the weekends with my husband home. I am much more comfortable alone, then I am with a house full of people. I love my husband, I just prefer him in small doses.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Hubby and me are the exact opposite of you and your hubby. It usually works great however when we have a long weekend we start getting on each others nerves.
JjcH0911
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Yes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GremlinMom
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Hmmm.... I always miss him, and i wish that he could stay home. I wish he would take a real vacation instead of saving them for sick days.... But right now I want to beat him with the computer so no, I don't think i could. Not when he would look forward to playing his video games more than being home with me and the rest of his family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)