Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Could you be with your spouse 24/7 (just for fun)?

Poll

Question: Could you be with your spouse all the time?

Options:

Yes! Isn't that what it's all about?

No way! Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 254

View Results

I love my husband to death, I truly do, but since he's been laid off he's been driving me nuts, and I'm sure he feels the same way about me!

My husband and I are opposites in every way; I'm an introvert, he's an extrovert. He is go, go, go, I am stay, stay, stay. He is persnickety, I am relaxed and easygoing. This typically works, but since he's been home we're driving each other up the wall. The majority of the day he runs around like a chicken with he head cut off saying, 'I'm bored! I need a project! This is boring!'

He has a FOURTH interview with the same company on Monday, so fingers crossed! 

So how do you feel? All the time or sometimes?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM

We could do it, and have actually.  I remember one year we got snowed in for 28 days straight.  It's good for people to have a little time on their own though.   I think when someone is laid off, things tend to be a bit more nervewracking anyway so it's easy to get on each other's nerves.

KayelynnsMama
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I could. DH was laid off this winter. So he was here 24/7 for 3 months straight. Lol. We even had one person make a comment to someone else about us always being together. Cause we grocery shop and run errands together. DH was like.. She knows we're married, right? I thought it was funny.

Zazayam
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Yes, I could. He was unable to work for a while so we were both pretty home bound for a few months. Every once in a while we'd pick at each other and someone would have to go watch tv in another room or something but for the most part we cherished it.

LaughingTattoo
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Ummm no. I need space and time for myself

beeky
by Alexandra on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I could do 24/7.

JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I love my husband and I love spending time with him, but we both need a little time apart (even if it is just doing things in separate rooms in the house) from time to time so that we can appreciate our time together more.

Mari6443
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I love spending time with my DH, but sometimes I just need some time to myself or with gal pals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennPearce
by Jenn! on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:05 AM
I love being around dh. Of course I'm saying that while he's in the states for 3 weeks lol
Madismom29
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Nope, we like to irritate each too much. Its fun in small doses.
cherylam
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I am with my husband 24 hours a day, and most days I'm good with it.  Today, after he screwed my phone up just trying to buy a sng that I just love, moved videos from storage on to the main screen and generally messed up everything, then blamed it on me....meh, love him, just not real happy right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN