Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Could you be with your spouse 24/7 (just for fun)?

Poll

Question: Could you be with your spouse all the time?

Options:

Yes! Isn't that what it's all about?

No way! Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 254

View Results

I love my husband to death, I truly do, but since he's been laid off he's been driving me nuts, and I'm sure he feels the same way about me!

My husband and I are opposites in every way; I'm an introvert, he's an extrovert. He is go, go, go, I am stay, stay, stay. He is persnickety, I am relaxed and easygoing. This typically works, but since he's been home we're driving each other up the wall. The majority of the day he runs around like a chicken with he head cut off saying, 'I'm bored! I need a project! This is boring!'

He has a FOURTH interview with the same company on Monday, so fingers crossed! 

So how do you feel? All the time or sometimes?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (111-120):
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Lmao noooo way. He was home all last summer with a broken foot and i was going nuts! I am about 24/2/3 tops. After about 3 days hes gotta go lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Can and do.  My husband and I both work from home, and we work for the same company.  Before we got the priviledge of working from home, we sat next to eachother at our office.  It's great :).

Dinimon
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Yep. We've even working together for 4 years, same schedule. And obviously we live together. It's not bad at all for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Yes but in reality we all need breaks but I love being around him : )

artistmom889
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

ehhh I love my to peices, but sometimes I need space.....that's why I let him go fishing a lot in the summer.

mrs.hartman12
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Yup he was home with me the whole 6 weeks of my maternity leave for DD2 and I missed him when it was over! 

Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Yes. We are together 24/7 when he's off work. I understand where you are coming from though. I think we would bump heads eventually.

KarenT214
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I enjoy his company. If circumstances required that we be together 24/7, I could do that. But I don't think that is what marriage is about. I just could easily do that if things worked out that way.

mickstinator
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM

no, he needs his alone time or else he gets really bitchy and i get bitchy back. i will say i could spend more alone time with him than with anyone else i know, though!

Knightquester
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM

We're not opposites and we do everything together when he is home, so I know we'd both be in heaven if he were able to stay home 24/7.

When he was laid off he was worried about our family so he had set hours where he applied for jobs online or in person and set hours where he responded to jobs, so it was like he was working from home.

Like many jobs he's had in the past he's been able to work from home on occasion, but not very often.  When he does it's like he's here but not.  I refuse to diminish his ability to work and get things done so the kids and I give him distance, and then wait for him to come to us on his breaks and spend time with us.

When he has vacations where he can take a few weeks off at a time we all chill and enjoy each others company.  It's nice because we can sit together in the mornings with our coffee, go for walks together, play games and watch movies together.  We do basically what we do every evening now when he gets home from work, and on the weekends but more of it, and we're all sad when the vacation is over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)