Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Could you be with your spouse 24/7 (just for fun)?

Poll

Question: Could you be with your spouse all the time?

Options:

Yes! Isn't that what it's all about?

No way! Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 254

View Results

I love my husband to death, I truly do, but since he's been laid off he's been driving me nuts, and I'm sure he feels the same way about me!

My husband and I are opposites in every way; I'm an introvert, he's an extrovert. He is go, go, go, I am stay, stay, stay. He is persnickety, I am relaxed and easygoing. This typically works, but since he's been home we're driving each other up the wall. The majority of the day he runs around like a chicken with he head cut off saying, 'I'm bored! I need a project! This is boring!'

He has a FOURTH interview with the same company on Monday, so fingers crossed! 

So how do you feel? All the time or sometimes?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (121-130):
pmsforlife
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Now maybe like 24/3 lol if he's home I'm lazy with him. So nothing eve gets done. I like when be works
maria1613
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Nope. I love him to death but I enjoy my space as I'm sure he does too.

Traci_Momof2
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM

It wouldn't work for a long period of time.  We would need breaks from each other.  I think that's just human nature.  I think it's hard to be around someone truly 24/7 for a long period of time without feeling like you are losing yourself.  Everyone needs some time alone.  Just how much time depends on the individual.

AlannaMaria
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I might! I'm sure I could :) we would def have our moments lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:12 PM

totally relate, when i was in between jobs we drove each other nuts, an we have the best relationship

mamavalor
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

We just spent a week together in NH for spring break with our kids.  Glad to be back home and everyone doing their own thing..for at least part of the day...lol.  Love them dearly, though!

BrighteyedAsh
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Bf is 4 on the boat, 4 off. It works well. Lol. Everyone agrees we have it good and is sure it's why we typically get along so well. We're both pretty independent so we know how to be in the room and do our own thing or do activities together. If being together 24/7 meant actually talking all the time and being up eachother's rear ends, one of us would go probably go crazy. Fortunately, it's a shared thing, so we tend to do our own thing even when together. We do cuddle, talk, watch tv and play video games together...but we keep it in mutually satisfying 'doses'.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pollymom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Quoting Sarah-mom01:

I could be with my DF for maybe.. 24/1, after that...get awayyyy. Lol I'm hormomal, so its worst :P

LOL right? I'm like that too.

IpoopRainbows
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM

My dh and i are around eachother 24/7 365 days of the year. :D I love it. I cant stand it when he's away.

lasombrs
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM

No. DH had no job for almost 4 years and was always home doing nothing. Drove me insane i couldn't stand him being around so much. But maybe the lack of doing anything is what made me mad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)