Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Could you be with your spouse 24/7 (just for fun)?

Poll

Question: Could you be with your spouse all the time?

Options:

Yes! Isn't that what it's all about?

No way! Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 254

View Results

I love my husband to death, I truly do, but since he's been laid off he's been driving me nuts, and I'm sure he feels the same way about me!

My husband and I are opposites in every way; I'm an introvert, he's an extrovert. He is go, go, go, I am stay, stay, stay. He is persnickety, I am relaxed and easygoing. This typically works, but since he's been home we're driving each other up the wall. The majority of the day he runs around like a chicken with he head cut off saying, 'I'm bored! I need a project! This is boring!'

He has a FOURTH interview with the same company on Monday, so fingers crossed! 

So how do you feel? All the time or sometimes?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
Fields456
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Nope we would end up killing each other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kstchr
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I think a few hours at a time would be no problem, but after a while we do our own thing in other parts of the house.

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM

No, I love my husband dearly but we need our space.  He will be home for a few weeks after being out to sea for a while and that should be interesting lol.  It's fun the first few days but after that I can't wait for him to go back to work!

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Todd and I both feel like we can't possibly be together enough! Even when he was off work for close to a year (very stressful scary time ) BUT we kept saying how the only blessing in disguise during that time was how we at least got to be together 24/7 for so long and how we would always cherish that extra time together all of our lives

We try our hardest to spend as absolute much time together as possible and we hate to be apart. We have both felt this way since our first date to both of our surprise

YVONNE

little.worthen
by Tessie on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I could.

You should find projects for him so he is t bored
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
createive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM
DH has high energy more than my kids!

When he's off I'm the new foreman. Errrr....

I love him forever but go back to work I need "some" space.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM

No.  I love my husband too.  But me time without him is important.

moniagee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Op, I can totally understand. My Dh drove me so effing crazy when he was laid off, I went out and got a job just so I could have a peace of mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Eh. We are apart daily for work and stuff except on the weekends. But he was laid off in March of 2010 when I was 7 months pregnant and about to go on "maternity leave" (I only work PT) so we ended up being together 24/7 from April-August (he didn't find work till October). It actually worked out very well and we hada  great time. But I think its because we had the new baby along with our 4 year old at the time, and my grandfather got sick unexpectedly so we had alot of stuff going on. I think without all that we would have gone crazy.

I prefer to be apart sometimes because it helps us remain close

Gmgej
by Michele on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I amfor the most part, we live and work together right dow to sharing an office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)