Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Could you be with your spouse 24/7 (just for fun)?

Poll

Question: Could you be with your spouse all the time?

Options:

Yes! Isn't that what it's all about?

No way! Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 254

View Results

I love my husband to death, I truly do, but since he's been laid off he's been driving me nuts, and I'm sure he feels the same way about me!

My husband and I are opposites in every way; I'm an introvert, he's an extrovert. He is go, go, go, I am stay, stay, stay. He is persnickety, I am relaxed and easygoing. This typically works, but since he's been home we're driving each other up the wall. The majority of the day he runs around like a chicken with he head cut off saying, 'I'm bored! I need a project! This is boring!'

He has a FOURTH interview with the same company on Monday, so fingers crossed! 

So how do you feel? All the time or sometimes?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
ericaaf
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:31 PM

maybe when we first got married but now after 7 yrs. a few days is long enough....

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Ditto! We've had several occasions where he's been injured and on medical leave from work for months at a time and we LOVE those times...aside from him being in pain and all,lol.When I had our daughter he took 6 wks off work.We hated when it was time for him to go back.And most recently he had back surgery and was out of work for almost 2 months.I missed him so much when he wasn't with me all day :(

Quoting frzmamaof4:

I love being with my dh!!!

EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My limit is two days. He is attached to my hip when he's not working. (Ok ok. Maybe I'm exaggerating)
But seriously. No please god no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Mine works from home and I'm a SAHM...we're together 99% of the time. It doesn't bother either of us at all... he's worked from home for the past 10 years and I've been a SAHM for 6 since we adopted our eldest dd. After 22 years together, it doesn't bother us to be around each other all the time. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM
No, I would kill him. I love the man but after a couple of days he's got to go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I would go crazy if I was around my husband 24/7! LOL

I love him and we get along great but I don't see how anyone could be around another person literally 24/7!  I enjoy having a little time away here and there, makes me miss and appreciate him more :)

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM

It depends on the days. He has 3 days off each week. Most of the time we are good together. But there are times when I'm like "I need to go to the store for…" and he'll go to the store for me and I'll actually get something done.

RheaF
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM

DH was unemployed for 15 months(he was laid off), and I did enjoy having him home. He did help out though, on the days when he was not doing odd jobs out of the house. The only complaint I had was that I got lazy when he was home,lol. It was so easy to be like...oh DH is home, he will get up with the kids. I got out of my normal routine and it was hard getting back into it once he got a job again.

notjstasocermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM

nope

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM
We are about to be 24/5... Lets see how it goes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN