Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My husband just straight up told me

He goes either you go on birth control after this baby or it's very possible you'll get knocked up again because I'm not doing anything to prevent you from getting pregnant.

I was like wow never thought I'd hear that.

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
anj2mom
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I would love for dh to get snipped,lol, but it's just too permanent so i guess I'll just keep this iud. :p
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JC2223
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Boy, you have yourself a real gem there!

jojo_star
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Wow. If dh said something like that to me, I'd be furious. That is something that we should and did discuss together. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM
My husband basically said the same thing, except he said he'd use imaginary condoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tristansmom74
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM
5 moms liked this
I think i'd just shrug my shoulders and say " ok- i'll just use the abstinence method"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

smh

Quoting bressmommy2012:

I don't want to take BC, so nope that's right.

Quoting mommysangelface:

So neither of you are going to be responsible?????

Smh

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:10 AM

I suppose you could have said something back like... "WOW, I never thought I'd see the day that you would willingly give up sex! "   As for you.. if taking steps to prevent pregnancy falls solely on your shoulders and you don't want hormonal steps there are other options (one cafemomer always mentions the Diaphram as a method)  You could try Vaginal Contraceptive Films.  I've used them in the past.  Here's a link if you aren't familiar with them: http://vcfcontraceptive.com/

Ilaynasmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Ummm there are plenty of bc options that you don't have to temember. I'm getting implanon on the arm. 5 yrs.

Quoting bressmommy2012:

I won't rule out anymore kids but at the same time I'll have 2 kids within a span of 13 months, I'd like to give my body a rest and possibly have more kids later. I hate BC though and always forget to take it when I'm on it so I dunno what'll happen.

He was serious too he was like I'm not joking, I'm not doing anything to prevent you from becoming pregnant.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM

So get a tubal, what's the problem?

krystyneh
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Lol wow usually they don't say that. My husband won't let me to go on any type of birth control. Ill be 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow and it took us almost 5 years to conceive this one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)