Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What would YOU do?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
My DH is a slob. He never picks up after himself. If he drops something on the floor or spills something he leaves it. That goes for broken glass too. His mancave is a pigstye. He smokes and the garage where he smokes is Nasty. His end table is messy. His desk is a mess. I'm not that neat either. I mean... I clean when i have time but if i don't clean constantly everything looks a wreck. My desk is a mess. My office is full of the things i use. And its messy. Today he tells me that i need to clean up my mess. He said he can't have people over because he's ashamed of the mess. I told him if he expects me to be spotless he better be spotless too. I was going to do my usual straightening but now i don't want to feel like I'm taking orders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I would clean but I would throw all of his shit (including trash) into the middle of the floor and leave it.

leanntx
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Clean up your mess, and ONLY your mess. Then if he tries to say anything else, inform him that you have cleaned up your mess, if he's ashamed to invite people over because its messy, then the only one to blame is himself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah-mom01
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM

When he said you have to "clean up" he probably meant everything... And, for me... I wouldn't clean a damn thing. Let him see how bad it sucks. It might be grosss and it could take a while but...you cant reason with most men lol

MamaSince2005
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM
What would i do? I'd only pick up my mess and leave his mess alone
tristansmom74
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Uggg... Thanks girls. I had to say something on here or i was gonna say something really bad to my husband. Not that he doesn't have it coming but i just don't feel like fighting with him when he's drinking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:05 AM

I just shared this article on another post and thought I'd share it here too.  I don't know if this would work but it may be worth a shot:  What Shamu Taught me about a Happy Marriage

tristansmom74
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Lol! Thats funny. Thanks.

Quoting Krysden:

I just shared this article on another post and thought I'd share it here too.  I don't know if this would work but it may be worth a shot:  What Shamu Taught me about a Happy Marriage

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShelbysHope76
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I would do this as well.

Quoting leanntx:

Clean up your mess, and ONLY your mess. Then if he tries to say anything else, inform him that you have cleaned up your mess, if he's ashamed to invite people over because its messy, then the only one to blame is himself.

Lizrami
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM
My hubby can be messy too I constantly tell him to pick things up he makes a mess after I already clean... and yes it gets annoying however I noticed it DOESNT help to argue about it but try to calmly talk about it say something like "babe I cleaned the house I picked up all your things this time but you need to learn to be more clean put things back in there place if we want our home to be clean and presentable then we need to help eachother" this way he sees your making an affort and he will want to meet you half way too:) good luck
tristansmom74
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lizrami:

My hubby can be messy too I constantly tell him to pick things up he makes a mess after I already clean... and yes it gets annoying however I noticed it DOESNT help to argue about it but try to calmly talk about it say something like "babe I cleaned the house I picked up all your things this time but you need to learn to be more clean put things back in there place if we want our home to be clean and presentable then we need to help eachother" this way he sees your making an affort and he will want to meet you half way too:) good luck

That sounds like heaven. I've noticed if I speak calmly and rationally t mine he agrees with everything I say. Say's your right - I didn't see it that way. Then completely forgets the converstation ever happened.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN