Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

My husband and I's 6th year anniversary is on Saturday April 27th 2013. Well about a few weeks ago a race was also put on the day. My husband and I own a automotive and drag race car building shop. So we not only drag race but that is our biz as well. A little background for the last few months from the time this new car got put together i feel well in the 2nd to this car. I get how important things our for our business, but i hink this is getting way out of hand. We have been fighting the last few months because he like ignors me lately. I didnt get anything for my b-day in Jan. or flowers, balloons or even a card. Or anything for v -day either.Making me feel like crap. Then he goes off and puts on fb 5min after the race gets put up saying no i cant go because its our anniversary. Doing this like he told me with hopes i would change my mind. Which i got really pissed off hew did that.Well after he said he can't go the other ppl go and mess with him to f#*k with his ego about it. I ask him why we should go and he does give valid points,about we need business and such but he know he went about it the wrong way. (trying to get me to change my mind by saying yes i get it i was wrong and such.) I ask him does he think he deserves to go and he says no, which is the answer. But yesterday he is on the phone with someone that has to do with the flyers for the race which i know he told them to put his car on it so then i will see it and say yes. He tells them to have swome redy so he can hand them out. I( go later what for you said we are not going. oh and btw yesterday he was so nice and took the day off which he never does nad we went to Disney we got year passes for here in Orlando Fl ( like trying to butter me up crap and being fake WHICH I HATE PPL BEING FAKE) So we get into a huge fight and he says can't i change it to a different day I MEAN HE VSAYS TO CHANGE THE DATE WE GOT MARRIED TO A DIFFERENT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!~ HOW DARE U REALLY!!!!!!!! Today he goes well what if we do something fri and sun. I got can u got to the track fri (26) or sun (28) he goes no that's no the race date. I go we didnt get married on the 26th or the 28th. He goes whatever and hangs up. Am i in the wrong for wanting to do something or the day we got married?

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Octoberjoy
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:07 PM

BUMP!

myownparadise
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I don't think you are wrong for feeling the way you do. BUT, there is also nothing wrong with celebrating on a different day. Why can't you go to the race too? At least you would actually get to see your husband on your anniversary. Sometimes things really aren't that bad. It could be so much worse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Octoberjoy
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM

i understand what ur saying and if he talked to me about it i would have been fine but he lied and manipulated me about it and that's makes me more mad and pissed than anything. Cause i race too and would not mind but the way he went about it is so wrong. So what do i do at this point u know.

myownparadise
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I totally see how he went about it the wrong way. I think you should sit him down and explain that it isn't that the race is on the day of your anniversary, that its the way he didn't talk to you about it. B very calm with it, and maybe he will really get an understanding about the reason you are so upset. Guys can't read minds, and they screw up sometimes. I, personally, would probably go, and tell him he owes me. I didn't see my husband last year for my birthday, our anniversary, Thanksgiving, our children's birthdays, or Christmas. This year he missed Valentine's day and my birthday. He will miss our children's birthdays, Thanksgiving, anniversary, and Christmas. That is why I said it could be worse. I get that you are mad, but sometimes you have to pick your battles.

Quoting Octoberjoy:

i understand what ur saying and if he talked to me about it i would have been fine but he lied and manipulated me about it and that's makes me more mad and pissed than anything. Cause i race too and would not mind but the way he went about it is so wrong. So what do i do at this point u know.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jett286
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Go or let him go...just tell him you understand this is important to him and you want him to go.  And mean it.  He probably was afraid you'd say no and that's why he went about it all the wrong way, and it seems important to him.  Just celebrate on a different day.  It doesn't matter if you celebrate on the exact day, what is important is that you celebrate eachother.  One year the NBA championships were on on our anniversary #19 to be exact.  His favorite team was playing...so he invited some friends over and watched the game..  and that was fine with me. We celebrated a few weeks later....Don't punish him even if you want to be petty because your feelings are hurt....(I get it) in the long run it will be better.  

mommyangel0102
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM

No you are not wrong.  I would be just as pissed off if my hubby pulled something like this.  But maybe there is a compromise in there somewhere.  Maybe you both could agree to go to the track and then go out somewhere nice afterward.  It's just my opinon.  Good luck and happy Anniversary!

PrdNate
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM

You are not wrong for wanting to celebrate on the actual day you got married and your husband didn't take your feelings into consideration.  It may get harder and harder to celebrate future anniversaries on the actual day though.  You may have to settle for a day close to the actual date.  Celebrating the occasion is the important point to remember.  When my husband and I got married (22 yrs on Apr 20), we never thought that we would have to share that date with our kids baseball, softball, and lacrosse games!  Just pick a day that's close and works for both of you and have a Happy Anniversary!!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I think you are making a huge deal out of nothing. It's not about celebrating on the exact day, at least he remembered. Cut the dude some slack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)