Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

From Navy to Army

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

Last Feb DH was honerably discharged from the Navy due to the cuts the Navy is making. HE was NOT happy about it and tried to fight it but to no avail. 

Two nights ago he got a call from one of his old high ranking Navy buddies telling him to seriously look into the "From Blue to Green" program which transitions people from the Navy to the Army and.....

looks like I'm going to be an Army wife. I'm incredibly proud of my husband. He is so excited about returning to active duty and I'm so happy he's happy...but scared to death because now I am facing depoyments and everything else that comes with it. I 100% support his decision in rejoining the military, I'm just a little scared and thought it was behind us. Please ladies I'm just asking for prayers and happy thoughts for my husband and my family...

He's being processed to go into Drill Instructor School.....yippy Lol

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Army-Wife0128
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Congrats and try not to worry too much. DH is a recruiter at the moment but will be leaving recruiting in about a year and going back to regular Army and I'm scared of him being deployed. He's been to Iraq 3 times in his 10yrs that he's been in, but all i can do is enjoy our time together a much as we can.

Dee0886
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Thanks. I think I just got into the frame of mind of not having to deal with that anymore, now, even though that life is familiar (I was a Navy brat for 16 years), I'm getting back into it...it's just taking me a minute to wrap my brain around it. 

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

Congrats and try not to worry too much. DH is a recruiter at the moment but will be leaving recruiting in about a year and going back to regular Army and I'm scared of him being deployed. He's been to Iraq 3 times in his 10yrs that he's been in, but all i can do is enjoy our time together a much as we can.

MrsLondon
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM

What about the Air Force?

Dee0886
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM

He looked into it but it looks like his MOS isn't showing any availble positions. And when they mentioned being a drill instructor he jumped at it lol...i think blowing off some steam at new recruits is what he's aiming for lol

Thats going to be weird though because he's such an easy going, sweet guy 

Quoting MrsLondon:

What about the Air Force?

breeking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I am an Army wife!! I know the feeling of being so proud of our guys and would do anything for them and at the same time being scared! It is ok but just know how awesome you are for being behind him every step of the way!! And congrats to your husband I am glad he is able to continue fufilling his dreams! And thank you for supporting him!!!!!

Dee0886
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I'm just glad as a drill sergeant he's not deployable for 2 years. Gives us a chance to get into the swing of things and settled back into it again....Just hoping we get South Carolina. I love the east caost and it's only 6 hours from my mom who's in Birmingham lol

Quoting breeking:

I am an Army wife!! I know the feeling of being so proud of our guys and would do anything for them and at the same time being scared! It is ok but just know how awesome you are for being behind him every step of the way!! And congrats to your husband I am glad he is able to continue fufilling his dreams! And thank you for supporting him!!!!!

breeking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I wish you all the luck with getting everything settled and hopfully in the sopt you want!

AlannaMaria
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I wish him luck and that's great your supportive of his dreams! I know not many women would want to be in your position. I would so scared of deployment also. I hope all goes well for the both of you and many prayers for you both :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)