Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your thoughts on age differences

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
  • 66 Replies

I love being with a man who is older than me. I have always dated 5-8 yrs older, only because I found that men my age never wanted what I wanted or were on the same level.

So to all moms, what is the biggest age gap you have had and what is the oldest you will consider being with?

I must admit but I am not proud of it but when I was 18 I dated a man who was 52... I will say I was not a fan of the sex but I got everything and anything I wanted from him. He owned his own company so if you put two and two together= sugar daddy!! Eeek, no my best moments.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never dated guys younger than me and never would no matter how attractive he might be, I dont like younger guys, they have always had to be my age or up to 10 yrs older. (no older than that though and they have to look good for their age )

My husband is only 1 yr older than me.

The biggest age gap I've had is when I was 13 ( I looked and acted a LOT older at least 16)  and was with an 18 yr old for almost a year. My parents hated that lol

YVONNE

barneysaid
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Right now...we are 10 years apart. He's older.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

my hubby is 8 years older than me thet is the biggest gap i would be ok with

JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I almost always dated guys that were older than me...the biggest age gap was 12 years older (I was 25 and he was 37). My hubby is younger than me by 14 months...not sure how I ended up with him, but he's wonderful:)

createive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

In my opinion, it depends on what age range you are in. teens, 20's, 30's, 50's etc. I think the older you are the bigger the ange range can be.

But, I think 10ish years would be tops.

I think women are more mature than men.

Any time I dated a man younger than me, as you said I found they were not on the same level as I was. I married a man 6 months younger than me, we got married, had kids, bought a house, he freaked out and said he wasn't ready for all of this stuff. That was after being together 10 years! YIkes! "he hadn't grown up yet" LOL

I am now married to man 5 years older than me. I'm 48 and he's 53 and to me, it's a good age difference.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I do believe that love is love and it doesn't care how old you are, etc. However, I know far too many women (ok, I know 6) who married men that are 15+ years older than them and they were so actively against any judgements on their age differences...until now. Now that they're in their 60's and their husbands are in their 80s, they're resentful. Because their husbands want to stay home and literally do nothing, and they want to go out and be active. It really is something you need to think about before agreeing to share the rest of their lives.

bumNmoos_mom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I so never thought of it that way..  I would imaging that kind of a situation would not be ideal. 

Quoting MomToovey:

I do believe that love is love and it doesn't care how old you are, etc. However, I know far too many women (ok, I know 6) who married men that are 15+ years older than them and they were so actively against any judgements on their age differences...until now. Now that they're in their 60's and their husbands are in their 80s, they're resentful. Because their husbands want to stay home and literally do nothing, and they want to go out and be active. It really is something you need to think about before agreeing to share the rest of their lives.

manamott
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
My husband is 4 years older than me. That's the biggest gap I've ever had. I'm 25 and he's 29...which would have been a lot weirder when I was 15 and he was 19. Lol. I merry him when I was 21
1sttimemom12
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM

my hubby and I are 15 yrs apart. If you don't mind, age don't matter.

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:07 PM

When I was dating. I dated guys my age or two years older. I got tired of men and then found my hubby. He is almost 5 years younger then me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)