Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He better love me! lol

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

With being 34 weeks pregnant, and I have easily gotten weak and lightheaded through the entire thing just by walking or doing dishes, DF better love me for what I did today! Firstly, I slept like crap. Yesterday I woke between 8 and 830am, and didnt go to sleep until 1130pm. Woke at 230am to get him up for work and wasnt able to go back to sleep until 630am, and then had to wake at 8am to get ready for what I thought was an interview, but apparently was just filing out another (deeper) application and theyll call me if they want to interview me. I have been up since.

I folded laundry, cleaned our bedroom, cleaned our livingroom, and our kitchen. Swept all the floors (hardwood so not with a vacuum!...... oh and sweeping gives me cramps in my tummy but I did it anyways). Used a steam mop on the floors, and then got a bucket and rag and got on my hands and knees and cleaned the floors that way (the steam mop is nice and gets most of the dirt, but just not all of it...... unless I make several trips downstairs to rinse out the cloth, and steps are hard these days!).

Had my mama help me with (finally) hanging our clock on the wall (we have been here for 4 months!), the smoke detector for our livingroom (that we got for christmas lol), and the curtain for the doorway to the nursery (it was meant for a bathroom, but hasnt been messed with since the fire, so theres no door yet, and a curtain is fine with me, it goes with the nursery theme) so I didnt have to climb on a ladder.

I then fully cleaned our vacuum (which hasnt been done in like 5 years) which took a good 20 minutes at the sink cleaning out the dirt compartment and both filters. and cleaned a small rug that will be leading into the nursery (and though its small, we dont have a carpet cleaner so that took time and effort too!) everything looks amaizing.

I am extremely proud of myself and finally feel like we have a home of our own, even though it is a make shift apartment in my parents house. And I cannot wait to see the look of happiness on DFs face when he gets home :)

PS, I am absolutely exhausted now, but bedtime is at 8pm, and its already 4, so a nap would be a bad idea!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Aww, how nice! Be sure to let us know his reaction when he gets home!

jesuschild06
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM

He smiled at me and told me he is proud of me! :) He complimented how good I did :) 

Quoting MomToovey:

Aww, how nice! Be sure to let us know his reaction when he gets home!

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I'm sure he loves you and what you do, that was really sweet of you... also it sounds like you might be "nesting" to me : ) I did with all 4 of my pregnancies

YVONNE

jesuschild06
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM

thanks. Im not sure. Yesterday was our day of the week together, and I ALWAYS get it super clean mode that night. Thats when I started. And I just promised him Id have everything wonderful looking when he got home from work today. I did NOT want to do any cleaning when I woke up (which is usually how it happens. I clean the last half hour to an hour of our day together, but never finish anything because the next day I have no desire too! lol). I just wanted to keep my promise to him! I should probably do that with more things. lol. like promising him Ill get my school work done by tomorrow or something lol. 

Quoting earthangel1967:

I'm sure he loves you and what you do, that was really sweet of you... also it sounds like you might be "nesting" to me : ) I did with all 4 of my pregnancies

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jesuschild06:

thanks. Im not sure. Yesterday was our day of the week together, and I ALWAYS get it super clean mode that night. Thats when I started. And I just promised him Id have everything wonderful looking when he got home from work today. I did NOT want to do any cleaning when I woke up (which is usually how it happens. I clean the last half hour to an hour of our day together, but never finish anything because the next day I have no desire too! lol). I just wanted to keep my promise to him! I should probably do that with more things. lol. like promising him Ill get my school work done by tomorrow or something lol. 

Quoting earthangel1967:

I see, well that was sweet of you. : )

YVONNE

Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Sounds like someone is nesting! Good job mama. I'm sure he's very happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)