Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If your husband works nights..

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 40 Replies
Do you sleep with all the lights on in your home lol. I do. I don't know what difference it makes but I can't have a dark home when he is not here. Does anyone else do this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
createive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM

No can't say that I do. And we live in a big old victorian house in down town Chicago. I do have a big lab but he's not much of a watch dog. But he is helpful.

If DH works a night shift I usually do a beauty night, hot bath and all and primp, have some wine and crashto the TV and kind of wait for him all night long.

jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I don't, but I don't feel as comfortable when he's not there. He doesn't work nights often, only when he's called in, and that is thankfully rare. 

sewingmama88
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:09 PM

i used to sleep in the dark when he was working nights now he is on days and i still sleep in the dark.

Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM

When he works nights I get creeped put. I always think I hear things and I'm always a little on edge. 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:21 PM

When he first started I was really nervous and (so was he actually, he's very protective over me )... so the first month approx I would turn my bedroom light off but I'd leave my bedroom door open and the living room lights on. I didnt leave the lights on for me so much as to make someone who might go past our sliding doors think someone was home and awake .  Now I turn all the lights off and it doesn't bother me anymore. Although he wasn't satisfied until he bought a glock 27 just in case. (we live in an apt in a  really nice area with low crime but we realize things can happen anywhere plus we are ground floor and have sliding glass doors but we have them locked and steel bars in our window tracks and in our sliding door tracks and deadbolt and chain lock on apt door and the building itself is always locked you have to buzzed to be let in.) and I'm home all alone all night no one else here except a tiny cat and a cockatiel. lol

YVONNE

MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
In with you i have at least the kitchen light on. In scary i know lol.
SierraLynn
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
We leave one light on over the basement stairs regardless in case dd comes out of her room, or we need to get to the babys room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heavenlybliss19
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
I don't normally sleep if he has to work overnight. I get creeped out easily.
Zazayam
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I have little lights on at night when he IS there, lol. Honestly it's just to save us from breaking a neck tripping over an animal or something if we get up in the middle of the night though.

New2011Mom1991
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I don't, but I do lock every door and window I can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)