Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does Cafemom Website Freeze/Lag frequently 4U2 or Just Me?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

frustratedbanging head into wall

I have been having LOTS of issues frequently when I am on cafemom with it freezing badly and lagging and sticking while I'm typing and not loading forever for quite some time now. I am not having these issues on any other site (and I'm online all over a lot) But I haven't said anything to report the issues bc I didnt know if its just my own bad luck lol or are other people having this happen too? Just curious.

I LOVEEEE cafemom but am so frustrated about it

YVONNE

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I haven't had any issues? knock on wood! lol

KrazyLoveMommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I am. Besides the annoying commercials, its been slow loading and my keyboard keeps freezing up and it knocks me off the internet. That doesn't happen on any other site. And it takes me to a different post than what I clicked on most of the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I've been having the same issue on and off. Only on this site as well. I tried clearing my history and deleting cookies, lol.

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Quoting la_bella_vita:

I've been having the same issue on and off. Only on this site as well. I tried clearing my history and deleting cookies, lol.

Yes I already use C Cleaner which clears out all my cookies and my history and a lot of other stuff at least daily as it is, that isnt helping my issue on here at all unfortunately. I can't figure out why it only happens on cafemom and none of the other tons of websites I visit regularily. It also frequently takes sooooo long to load a page or a post that I end up trying to refresh it once or twice bc It takes so long I am not sure if its EVER going to load. This has been going on for quite some time now for me but it seems like its just getting worse and worse. I guess I will have to say something to administration hopefully they can help us.

YVONNE

BKozICan
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM

The Notifications window hangs up for me. I have a little trouble with the reply box going reeeaaaallllllyyyy slowly when I am typing.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Hi,

Please use the contact us link (can be found at the bottom of every CafeMom page) to report this to The CafeMom Team and let them know.

If you can send them a screenshot when you have this problem, that would be very helpful.

Here's how to take a screenshot:

Go to the page where you're having the problem.
Press the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard.
Open an image program on your computer (like Microsoft Paint).
Paste the screenshot you just took by holding the 'Ctrl' button and pressing 'V' on your keyboard (or, go to the 'Edit' menu and click 'Paste').
Save the screenshot you just created as a JPG, GIF, or PNG.

On CafeMom, click the 'Add a photo' button and insert the screenshot in your message.

The Cafe Group Admin Team

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

Hi,

Please use the contact us link (can be found at the bottom of every CafeMom page) to report this to The CafeMom Team and let them know.

If you can send them a screenshot when you have this problem, that would be very helpful.

Here's how to take a screenshot:

Go to the page where you're having the problem.
Press the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard.
Open an image program on your computer (like Microsoft Paint).
Paste the screenshot you just took by holding the 'Ctrl' button and pressing 'V' on your keyboard (or, go to the 'Edit' menu and click 'Paste').
Save the screenshot you just created as a JPG, GIF, or PNG.

On CafeMom, click the 'Add a photo' button and insert the screenshot in your message.

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Ok thank you I will contact them but I cant take screenshots with my laptop we dont know why we follow all the steps to do so and it doesnt work. Anyway I dont understand how a screen shot is going to show them that the page is frozen you cant really See lagging or freezing or not loading at all from a screenshot?

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I reported it to contact us at the bottom of the screen but since I can't send them screenshots I hope some of the others of you who are having the same issues will also click on contact us at the bottom of the screen and send them your screenshots of it and let me know what their advice is to you in case it's different than what I end up with. I am desparate. Thanks!

YVONNE

xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I haven't had any issues. 

Maybe try a different browser. Which do you use now? 

I use google chrome, works for me. 

WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I haven't had any problems.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)