Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Seizures and 1 year old!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:19 AM
  • 7 Replies
Yesterday afternoon my dh went to pickup our oldest from school. My youngest was sleeping on the couch next to me. He's had a runny nose and temp, I've been giving him tylenlol all day.

Then he starts throwing up, but he's not moving. He's so unresponsive. I pick him up and he starts to violently shake. But the vomit is still in his mouth. I took my hand and removed the vomit and kept hitting him on the back until he started breathing. He then stood up and started crying. It was the most terrible experience of my life.

Went directly to the ER he had a febrile seizure with vomiting, his temp was 103 and he had a double ear infection.. He was given tylenlol and we were sent home.

Yesterday was one of the worse days of my life. I pray he never has another seizure and I'm freaked out that its going to happen again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Omd12
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_382
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Oh no I hope he get better soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM
My dd has seizures and it sucks because you are helpless. Hugs
Gmgej
by Michele on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:04 AM

My oldest siezed once with the rise of a temp. I am so sorry you had to go through it, for me it was terrifying. I found out that not the height of the temperature but the speed it rises can cause a seizure. If it is any help my oldest is not almost 18, and healthy. Remember when your child has a fever it is the activation of their immune system. Fevers in children are a normal building of a healthy immune system, it is how they fight a virus. My doctor always told me only supress a fever that keeps them from resting.

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:13 AM
My youngest has those. First one was when she was 15 months old. She's had 2-3 more since then. I know exactly how you feel. My daughter was completely limp and blue all over. Not breathing and unresponsive. Then she starts jerking. The last one she had in February took her longer than usual to come out of. Good news is they grow out of them. Just keep your son's temp down and he'll be fine. Rotate Tylenol and Advil. Also, if he has another seizure, put cool rags on him. That'll stop the seizure almost immediately.
jojo_star
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I'm so sorry! I hope he gets better soon!

xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

OMG, how scary! Poor thing. I hope he starts to feel better soon! 

Was the fever the cause of the seizure? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)